RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Guy Gowan

Old 11-13-2009, 07:19 PM

Re: Guy Gowan

If you end up buying...let us know what you think....
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2009, 09:21 PM

i have only seen the cosmetic techniques one, and it is by far the best retouching dvd i've seen. his approach is very organic, and just made sense. by no means a comprehensive look at retouching, but very well worth it. the only retouching dvd i've ever been excited about
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 AM

hi all, guy has recently formed a new website http://www.guygowan.com where if you join as a member you will have access to his resources, actions and workflow settings. He has just started to upload resources that are not even on the dvd's, (like his hdr technique) and from my information i believe he will update all of the processes from the dvd on his website.

i have noticed a considerable improvement not only from the initial images that i have taken but also the ability to retouch in an non-destructive way in a reduced time of mere minutes then hours of a usual retouch process. As a university student this is an invaluable resource and i recommend this to anyone and everyone.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3r10 View Post
hi all, guy has recently formed a new website http://www.guygowan.com where if you join as a member you will have access to his resources, actions and workflow settings. He has just started to upload resources that are not even on the dvd's, (like his hdr technique) and from my information i believe he will update all of the processes from the dvd on his website.

i have noticed a considerable improvement not only from the initial images that i have taken but also the ability to retouch in an non-destructive way in a reduced time of mere minutes then hours of a usual retouch process. As a university student this is an invaluable resource and i recommend this to anyone and everyone.
As a year has gone by since the last post about his website, I'm curious to hear more opinions on the value of membership to his site.
I just recently visited his site for the first time and I have to say, I've never had a workflow like he demonstrates (i.e. an action for every type of enhancement and correction)

Just curious...
--Shift Studio.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2011, 12:09 AM

I saw your post a week ago when I came here wondering about Guy. I have an early version of his Cosmetic Techniques DVD and wondered what he's been up to recently.

From the looks of his web site it appears he's on the road doing his workshops. His site apparently suffers as a result. Since nothing's dated it's hard to judge what's current.

From the lack of replies here it's also apparent he's not created anything that's grabbing the attention on this side of the big pond.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching