RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

My before and after picture(pro opinions needed)

Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 PM

My before and after picture(pro opinions needed)

Hello everyone, I'm an 18 year old guy who enjoys photshop so much as a hobby, I started practicing on retouching a year ago when I got inspired by some before and after celebrity pictures, I've learned some techniques from different tutorials on the internet and I've been prcaticing in order to improve my photoshoping skills, I don't know why I do that, but it's just that photshop is a passion for me and I just LOVE to learn more about it, ok...so enough talking about my self, here is a work of mine that I did a couple of days ago, and lets say I was kinda satisfied with the final outcome, but I thought some more help from you guys over here whould be greatly appreciated, specially the very talented people who really keep me inspired in order to keep and find some other ways to make my pictures look better, so leave some comments over here please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resizeofresizeofmklien0kf6.jpg (25.6 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (25.1 KB, 290 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2008, 10:52 AM

Re: My before and after picture(pro opinions neede

Hi Toxic, with this resoltion it's kind of hard to see the differenz. I have noted that you cleaned up the flyaway hairs and a wrinkle above the eye. What seems to be disturbing to me at least that you can guess that this is not a natural blond becuase of the "mustache" or is it just an unfortunate shadow?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amica999 View Post
Hi Toxic, with this resoltion it's kind of hard to see the differenz. I have noted that you cleaned up the flyaway hairs and a wrinkle above the eye. What seems to be disturbing to me at least that you can guess that this is not a natural blond becuase of the "mustache" or is it just an unfortunate shadow?
Oh hey!

Perhaps you can watch them as a slideshow after you save them on your pc. In this way you can spot the differences easier, I probably did much more than what you have mentioned.

And btw, I didn't get your "mustache" comment, lol.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2008, 05:48 PM

My problem with this retouch is that you re-lit the face basically.. you changed the shadows and lighting completely.. and it just doesn't look as natural or dramatic that way.

You did a nice job of cleaning up the skin a bit, but you lose the structure of the face, making it appear a bit too flat. Perhaps leave some of the shading while still cleaning up the skin?

I also personally like stray hairs in images.. at least to some extent as long as it isn't a mess. I think it gives it some flow and movement, and well, looks more real. I'd clean up the small fuzzy hairs and leave some of the strays.

Anyway, nice work overall.

Kyle
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo View Post
My problem with this retouch is that you re-lit the face basically.. you changed the shadows and lighting completely.. and it just doesn't look as natural or dramatic that way.

You did a nice job of cleaning up the skin a bit, but you lose the structure of the face, making it appear a bit too flat. Perhaps leave some of the shading while still cleaning up the skin?

I also personally like stray hairs in images.. at least to some extent as long as it isn't a mess. I think it gives it some flow and movement, and well, looks more real. I'd clean up the small fuzzy hairs and leave some of the strays.

Anyway, nice work overall.

Kyle
Thanks for the guidance, I would agree with you on the part were I have over-changed the lighting and the shadows, but my attempt was to make her look younger in age and still make little differences.

And glad that you liked how I cleaned up the skin, that's what I've been focusing on the whole time.

Btw, do you have a website that contain your portfolio in retouching?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching