RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Can someone please help me??

Old 01-19-2008, 12:23 PM

Re: Can someone please help me??

Have you checked all your parameters for the brush tool? Do you have it set to normal, opacity, etc?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Here is my screen shot. Sorry for being so much trouble. But I really want to learn and like I said I am willing to pay for lesons. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: gif scree.gif (79.2 KB, 116 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Patron

According to your history you have applied the Gaussian blur to the background image instead of the copy.. I suggest this...

start over and duplicate your background layer twice.. uncheck the eyeball on the original so as not to harm or change the original.. there should be two layers active now.. select the top layer copy and apply the blur to it( you will probably have a lot of people say NEVER BLUR, but for now follow the tutorial you have) then select a hide all mask as you have done on the top layer and paint with soft white brush to let the blur come through.. adjust opacity of the brush for control of how much you want to see on the lower layer
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 02:12 PM

Ok, Im gonna make a go of it. LOL I will get back with you and show you what I have done. Thank you for all your help
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Patron

Kent Christiansen made an action "KentC Skin Fix" "Paint Soft Skin" which helps you do as you are describing.. there are three different ways in the action to do skin fixes.. the "Paint Soft Skin" is the one you are trying to emulate.. it can be found here:
http://www.atncentral.com/quicklinks.htm
scroll down to Kent's Skin fix V.1... tis in Zip format.. unzip it and add the action to the action pallet by dragging it there..

My personal feeling is it is a lot better to learn how to instead of relying on actions... BUT they can be a useful tool to help learn if you study the mechanism of how the action works
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanyr View Post
Here is my screen shot. Sorry for being so much trouble. But I really want to learn and like I said I am willing to pay for lesons. Thanks!
Something to check before you go blaming yourself. Assuming that you have done the other steps correctly i.e dup b/ground layer, apply gaussian blur to b/ground copy, click mask, invert mask, made white the f/ground colour and have your brush tool selected .........

The amount of gaussian blur you apply will depend on the size of the image .. example ... the image in the tutorial may be 500k and the suggested amount of gaussian blur to use may be about 1 or 2, if you are using a file of 6mb the amount of blur you use will have to increase perhaps somewhere in the region of 6. I usually overdo the blurring a little and then dial back the amount using the opacity slider.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 09:48 PM

The one tutorial that made layer masks really click for me was Photoshopmama's makeover tutorial. You can still view it on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/photoshopmama
Click the glamour makeover series. The best!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching