RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Can someone please help me??

Old 01-18-2008, 09:57 PM

Smile Can someone please help me??

Hello all! I having been trying with no luck to learn pagent retouching on photoshop. I have bought books and read everything I can find and I am having just one roblem with my layer masks. I don't know that I am doing wrong. I havedone step by step what I have read and been told to do. I would be willing to pay for some tips or lessons. This is something I really want to learn and just really need some extra help. I would really appreciate it. You can email me at iheartdesignerpurses@gmail.com

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2008, 11:25 PM

Re: Can someone please help me??

you have to be a bit more specific about the problem you're having...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanyr View Post
I am having just one roblem with my layer masks.
You're lucky tiffanyr, I have scores of problems (used to have hundreds) but with Practice, Patience and Perseverance your one problem will be no more.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 08:15 AM

tiffanyr,

you are a little vague describing the problem that you are having.

Layers are a HUGE topic and nobody is going to be able to give you much help unless you are more specific on what you are trying to do with layers.

Post what you have done and you will see all kinds of knowledgeable people jump in and recommend solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanyr View Post
Hello all! I having been trying with no luck to learn pagent retouching on photoshop. I have bought books and read everything I can find and I am having just one roblem with my layer masks. I don't know that I am doing wrong. I havedone step by step what I have read and been told to do. I would be willing to pay for some tips or lessons. This is something I really want to learn and just really need some extra help. I would really appreciate it. You can email me at iheartdesignerpurses@gmail.com

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 10:57 AM

Ok, here goes. I have opened my original image and made a bacground copy layer. With this layer I did the surface blur feature. The tutorial I was using said to then make a layer mask and simply paint over it with white to get rid of what I don't want blurred. My issue is just that.....simply painting over the layer mask. I am not seeing any changes at all. My picture at that point looks nothing like the tutorial. I can email a copy of the tutorial I am using if that will help. I guess I hav somehow missed a step but not sure how. I am wanting to do the childrens glitz pageant retouching I know most people hate that, but my daughter did pageants for years. It was something we enjoyed. I love the pics and think they are beautiful. I just want to be able to do this for the fun of it. An help that you could give would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Patron

You may have missed the part where you hold down the alt key while clicking the mask icon.. this makes a hide all mask which is black then you can paint with white to reveal the blur
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 11:23 AM

I actually did that also. Is there something I may have disabled that is making it not work corretcly. Mine is doing nothing really. I feel pretty confident in the fact that I have read what everyone has to say about it and bought books and done tutorials. I feel like I haven't missed anything but I just don't understand why this isnt working for me. Its so frustrating. UGH!
Thank you all for help so far.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Patron

Is your mask selected on the blurred layer and is it black... is the blurred layer above the layer you are trying to make changes to and the eyeball showing on the layer below the blurred layer.. posting a screen shot of your picture and working layers may be helpful
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 11:43 AM

I suck so badly. LOL Can you please tell me how to do the screen shot for you?? I would really love the mhelp.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Patron

Press <print screen> button when you want a copy of your screen... then (in photoshop) go to file>new>OK then edit>paste... you should now see a new picture of your screen.... now go to file> save for web... make sure it is under 100K save it and submit by going to <go advanced> here under the quick reply box... scroll down and click on <manage attachments> click on <Browse> and find the file you want to upload then click upload..
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching