RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Extreme Photo Retouching - Sexy Girl

Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 PM

Extreme Photo Retouching - Sexy Girl

So; here is so far the most retocuhed photo i have ever worked on (througth not the best one):

http://www.altivan.com/RetouchRefake.html

Took like 1 and a half hours. Just put the curser over the image to see the original (you are not going to like the true...)

Any specific critique about the work is welcome.

PD: I am looking for a online part-time job, if interested (i am cheap! xP).

Last edited by AltIvan; 01-22-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Should i call a lawyer?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM

Re: Extreme Photo Retouching - Sexy Girl

While I think you did a great job, I'm really not a fan of making people look completely different. The before and after girl don't look like the same person. Did you really want to go that far?

The handle bar is a little skewed. You can tell you put a bend in it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2008, 08:37 PM

Yes, it was like some of the girls that are only there because they are beautyful (just for call the attention of the viewer); this was just for practice. And is true, i should erase the background so there would be no distortioned bike.

Believe or not i dont like too much make someone completely different, but the market sometimes demand so; so...

I also have some stuff when the person remains the same, like this one:
http://www.altivan.com/retocuch1.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2008, 08:58 PM

That other sample looks good. The first one definitely does look great, don't get me wrong. I gues it depends on who the client is. I'd assume (I could be wrong) that if the girl saw that shot, she'd look at it like, "who the heck is that?" But if she's supposed to be a nameless face, it probably doesn't matter. I just can't see taking a portrait of someone for that person, and making her look not like her anymore.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:34 AM

You need to take a good long look at the edges of your selections.

In the first pic (the girl) if you look at her left arm (viewer right) you can still see the outline of where the arm used to be. Also the problem with liquifying like that is that you stretch the background image as well, resulting in a motor looking really odd.

The second pic, if you look at where you blurred the background (the window) again the selection of his arm is... well it can use some work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2008, 08:26 AM

In the first pic, I can't really say anything about it. It has a look to it that is catchy.
But I think that you made the mouth to small for her face. Also where you took the waist in on viewers right you have made her to slim and also the hip bone is now to pronounced.
I think that you also made her legs a touch to thin. Here left leg no longer looks like it belongs on that body. Try to cut the slimming in half and just bring out some of the shape with a brush instead.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2008, 07:52 PM

You hurt my feelings; joking.
cricket1961; you say a little too much for -can't really say anything about it-; but for real: his face also got smaller so the mouth too, but yeha, looks like i overdo it on the mouth; and now that you say it i maked some kind of hole in the waist.

DJSoulglo; I saw the outline before, but the file was already online; was waiting to get some feedback before fix that, and also erase the distortioned bike. I worked on that window and the arm color, but looks like it wasnt enought.

If you want to see more of my works look at my webpage altivan.com; created by me also; i am still working on the translation of the english version.

Last edited by AltIvan; 01-24-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 12:54 AM

I see quite a few areas that are distorted which are clear "giveaways" that the image has been tampered. The biggest being in the gap between her arm on the right ...

Her right hip bone is also very pronounced, which gives the appearance that she is extremely thin. I would also take some time to adjust the area on her right bicep where it meets her breast. The right knee cap area also looks a little awkward. She wasn't obese before so try to use her existing curve lines as a guide when altering her frame.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltIvan View Post
(you are not going to like the true...)
That's uncalled for. The girl was nice in the original and with a WELL DONE manipulation she could have look perfect and fit with the awful industry without losing her self in the process. That about your words.

Now, the retouch it self it's not professional. Not to mention you blured her up entirely (because every newb does it and also some of the "pro's" lol) but you still managed to left her skin bumpy (now that's a real challenge!)

You have lost control over the the face, it's not even "overdone" anymore it's way more than that. you have no jaw line, no depth in the features.

If the girl is skinny the shape of the arm makes no sense.

The hair... what's that? does any woman like greasy blurry hair? you have done nothing to fix the obvious problems of the original you spent the hour and a half making that girl what YOU think would fit the BIZ

Now, for the constructive part. I know that biz doesn't pay enough to care about the details (I ran through it not long ago ) so it's up to you or you learn a fast way to end the job quick and nicely (degrunge + small liquify + curves & Levels) or you dedicate your self to learning and practice on fashion and beauty (those really pay for your dedication, every minute learning will be compensated)

This image could have been perfect and sexy and I'd love to show you my take on it. Promise not to spend more than an hour on it

Then I can give you the step by step of it.

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 12:48 PM

i like it...i think she looks a lot better...the work is pretty good too...there are some minor places as the others have mentioned but overall, i think it looks pretty good
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching