RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Pretty girl to PRACTICE on if you want

Old 02-04-2008, 03:28 AM

Re: Pretty girl to PRACTICE on if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelhsaneerg View Post
how do i get a higher resolution? i just got this camera but i haven't messed with all the settings on it. it's a canon eos digital rebel xti can you give me an idea how it should be set or something because that was the full size image i posted.
Read through the photobucket FAQ. They only allow 1024 by X pixel size images in free accounts I believe. Maybe you uploaded a full 10.1 MP image but photobucket resized it down?
Flickr isn't much different according to this page.
Imageshack limits file size to 1.5MB but I don't think they resize it unless you specifically use their resize option when uploading.
Bayimg doesn't have a limit on resolution or size as far as I know.
The best option IMO for uploading full size, full resolution images is to just upload the file to your website's server (since I know you have a website ) instead of using a free image hosting site. I feel that I have more control over my images that way at least.

As for camera settings, dpreview.com may have what you need if that's what the problem actually is.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM

the site is very nice and elegant and shows an artistic and fantasy attitude but it looks wrong for those having a screen resolution higher than 1024. I see you set the width at 1024 but you used a program so I cannot send you the codes to fix it. What you should do is to check if you can
- put a plain background (better if the same green of now or even better totally different like black or white)
- center what you created in the browser. your program should have this feature

also the links are not perfectly aligned with the buttons and the font (of the buttons) is not a very good choice. And the text has not enough contrast.

Believe me, your site is very nice and I really hope you don't get upset. But I saw your manipulations: it's very good and I feel you need a more professional look for your site, more in line with your work.
If you can fix those little problems your professional imagine will increase. A site is a sort of business card, I only wanted to tell you how to print it more sharply!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2008, 08:03 PM

thanks for your input MYFAIRIES.... i still haven't even tried to fix it lol it seems like i've been pretty busy but i'm not planning on promoting the site until it gets to look the way i want it to which is something i can never seem to make happen. i always have the visual in my head and i just can't get the programming to work lol. i'll have to take the time and study the issue of the screen resolution a little while because it was giving me major problems. anyhow, thanks for ur comments on my retouches
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2008, 11:49 PM

Well I don't care about the resolution lol if it's clear enough I can photoshop it. And I just went absolutely crazy with this one lol can you even tell it is her?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hgh.jpg (42.4 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 AM

whattheheckisthisallaboutapparently

i'm with zodgart on this one here *need rolleyes smily here*
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2008, 06:55 AM

I think, an image is not bad at all, opposite - quite interesting from the point of view different approaches to color correction. She has really nice skin, and face is very interesting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1442_1.jpg (97.3 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by OnAir; 03-05-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching