RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Pretty girl to PRACTICE on if you want

Old 02-02-2008, 05:33 AM

Pretty girl to PRACTICE on if you want

i got a new camera so here is a new pic of my friend....a decent pic to play around with i suppose i'm anxiously awaiting the new renditions...so have fun!
ash

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...g/IMG_1442.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 12:13 PM

Re: Pretty girl to PRACTICE on if you want

Hum,

First i would not call this a decent pic. it's pretty lame. no harm intended.

What surprise me is you expect people to give you different retouch version of this pic.

This is a forum for people who want's to learn. Not to have other people do it for them.
If you are keen on learning then ask questions. post a pic where you do your before and after retouch.
then you might have more people playing along!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 12:55 PM

well excuse me for trying to bring something new to the table. I must say that i am not the only person that has posted pictures for other users to practice on. Second of all, I was in a hurry and posted this picture right before i left for work this morning, so I have not even had a chance to do anything to it myself. Third, if all you wanted to do was tell me it was a bad pic, and not to even mess around with it yourself, then why did you even waste your time replying. I'm not trying to be rude but i'm tired of always being the nice one and people here thinking they are "holier than thou". I am not the only member who has noticed this "bad aura" surrounding the site from a few "less than nice" members. Sorry to go off like this but I've just had it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 12:57 PM

Oh yeah, i realize it's a forum for people to learn, which is why i posted a pic for people to PRACTICE ON. Plus i just think it's fun to see what different things people do....it's a way for ME to learn also.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 02:15 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way.

But when i see a post without a before and after and without a question it feels like someone is fishing for free retouch. As for the photo i'm sorry but it's just look like a snapshot. that's why I wouldn't waste my time on it. I have enough Quality picture on my hard drive that cry's to be retouch. on the other hand i might have tried to have a go at it if there would have bee a question like "how can i make her skin Black"

Last edited by zogdart; 02-02-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 02:23 PM

i didn't mean to attack you or anything....i just really blew my cool. Plus i also felt like i was being accused of wanting a free retouch or something....which i don't because that's really no fun....i'd rather do things myself...which is why i'm addicted to photoshop. i also thought the pic would be decent to work on because it does actually need some work. i hope this all made sense..but i don't ask to do a certain thing because i don't really have anything in mind....just seeing what creativity some other users possess and then those usually help give me some ideas too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 02:27 PM

What about a higher-res version to start with then?
P.s no offense, but i agree with zogdart.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 02:44 PM

how do i get a higher resolution? i just got this camera but i haven't messed with all the settings on it. it's a canon eos digital rebel xti can you give me an idea how it should be set or something because that was the full size image i posted.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 03:48 PM

as the original poster pointed out, other people have posted pictures and some have been much worse than this one..i also don't see a problem with people asking for someone else to retouch their photo, i find that it's a good way to learn from more experienced retouchers/artists...not that she was asking for free work on her photo in the 1st place...

Last edited by pixelzombie; 02-02-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Although this photo is not great, don't be rude about it. There's a difference between being real and being real rude. Control your rudeness. Its highly annoying. Thank you.

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 02-04-2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: language - remember the forum is "family safe".
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching