RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

What's your favorite retouching Forum

Old 04-07-2012, 08:55 AM

Re: What's your favorite retouching Forum

@ Tony....+1.......even if I am only on this forum for a couple of weeks and have average knowledge of PS imho PatsyM sounds very frustrated and should maybe go and get his knowledge on another forum instead of insulting members here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 12:18 PM

I stand by what I have said these particular "members" were in no way helpful to the OP ,IT SEEMS TO ME THEY WERE MORE INTERESTED IN MAKING A QUICK BUCK and unfortunately its only a very few who are helpful, I look back on all the really good ones who have left. Finally you state I have been insultive to members, well I sggest you go back and look at where the insults start especially the ones directed towards the DPreview site childishness at its best. And please don't respond to this post unless you do read the other "Posts".

Regards Patsym
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 06:59 PM

i was thinking the same as patsym about the "Removing a Double Chin" thread.
but thats just 2 members post out of a lot of people that are willing to help including myself.
most people on here are not like that but the "Morons" are the ones that like to post more then the other so it seems like there are more "morons" here
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 07:15 PM

re: double chin thread..

I will stand and fight my corner if needed. People may respond to another person in a thread that was not the OP, it is generally excepted that as long as this does not go too off thread, or if the original question had been answered effectively (as was the case) a little levity should not be poo-poo'd.

If any further help is needed in the thread then I am sure some distraction from the OPQ does not preclude helpful responses.

Other than that, suck a chill pill. (not directed at anyone per se).

Mostly this is a friendly forum with outbursts. Who wants to be an outburst?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Needham View Post
re: double chin thread..

Other than that, suck a chill pill. (not directed at anyone per se).

Mostly this is a friendly forum with outbursts. Who wants to be an outburst?
I suggest you try sucking one of your own Chill Pill's.
I think you have mixed up the word mostly with sometimes:.
a lot of the posts I have read on this particular topic have been most unfriendly especially at other Sites/Forums with regards to being helpful, there are a few members on this Forum who are helpful but they are in the miniority. Maybe you could send me some of your outburst pill's.

DOUBLE CHIN = DOUBLE STANDARDS

Regards Patsym
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Patron

I think RetouchPro is an outstanding resource and has been very helpful to me personally and to many, many other people. Every question I've posted here has been responded to knowledgeably and in a helpful manner. If someone doesn't know an answer they're quick to point you to someone who does or to other helpful resources.

In addition I've learned so much from threads here just reading them and following links to helpful information about many techniques and topics I had not heard of before. I've lost count of how many times that's happened, it's at least several times a week for many weeks now. It's the first free forum I've voluntarily made a monetary contribution to, it's excellent.

To me, what makes a forum useful is helpful, knowledgeable people like I've met here. And some good-natured humor from time to time doesn't hurt. What makes a forum much less useful (and much less pleasant to be on) is acrimony, accusations, name-calling and similar intentionally hostile behavior. Thankfully such people here are a very tiny minority and thankfully that kind of behavior seldom happens here. But when it does, it's really unfortunate.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAsh View Post
I think RetouchPro is an outstanding resource and has been very helpful to me personally and to many, many other people. Every question I've posted here has been responded to knowledgeably and in a helpful manner. If someone doesn't know an answer they're quick to point you to someone who does or to other helpful resources.

In addition I've learned so much from threads here just reading them and following links to helpful information about many techniques and topics I had not heard of before. I've lost count of how many times that's happened, it's at least several times a week for many weeks now. It's the first free forum I've voluntarily made a monetary contribution to, it's excellent.

To me, what makes a forum useful is helpful, knowledgeable people like I've met here. And some good-natured humor from time to time doesn't hurt. What makes a forum much less useful (and much less pleasant to be on) is acrimony, accusations, name-calling and similar intentionally hostile behavior. Thankfully such people here are a very tiny minority and thankfully that kind of behavior seldom happens here. But when it does, it's really unfortunate.
ditto...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsym View Post
Thats right the question was what is your Favourite, so read the other posts of some of the Morons who immediately castigate other Sites/Forums before even answering the OP'S question. There's a saying the truth always hurts and yes it is one of the worst sites out there unhelpful puts it very mildly, and to prove my point just look up the Double Chin post over the last couple of days, and the two Morons who responded to it, if they did'nt want to help the member why respond, then again maybe its because he's a newbie. I rest my case.

Regards Patsym
I just looked up the topic. The OP there is asking for a trainwreck. Removing such a prominent double chin without making it look absolutely awful would be somewhat time consuming there. Yes it sounds like an easy request, but if you look at the photo, that second chin line goes straight into a defined jawline. You'd have to flow that line somewhere. This means if you don't want him to look like he just had plastic surgery, you practically have to draw him a new neck. It's easy to tell when it would work well just by looking. Anyway he created an account just to ask someone to fix it. No one should do that with any real expectations. You could do a cheap job quickly, but it wouldn't look very good.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2017, 05:56 AM

I like DPReview because you get a lot more practice there. But then I have been there longer than here.
I find that doing teaches better than just reading or watching.
BTW I am one of the total noobs.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching