RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How to: "Christian Schmidt" Look

Old 08-24-2011, 07:09 AM

Re: How to: "Christian Schmidt" Look

I just convert profile to "custom profile", change the gamma to ,say, 3 and then assign profile RGB, then again convert to profile..and depending on the first result change the gamme to, say, 2,8...which should already give you a nice result..THEN change to LAB mode and do your corrections there...

Last edited by stefandb; 08-24-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 PM

A thread thats far too long and teaches nothing. Garibaldi said it years ago and still, no one gets it. If you want a white image, stick your camera in the snow. No action, filter, gradient map, or color profile will get you the results these artists are achieving....because theyre artists. There is a big difference between a photograph and the art they are creating.

There were some nice images made here, and im sure those people learned something in the process.

Instead of looking for actions that do the work for you, pick up a book and learn how to light. Go to school for a few years and learn cgi, and compositing Break out your owners manual and learn how to use your camera. Then, take another look at the work these guys are doing and you will be able to see it.

Ive done those things, and consider myself to have a well trained eye at spotting how stuff was done, but no one will ever know for sure except the guy who built the final image. And no, i probably couldnt recreate the look, but thats what makes them special. I find alot of useful stuff on here, and while im new to realy involved photo processing, i know im not gonna find "that button" that makes the image cool.

Learn from the masters, but ultimately you need to spend the time making your own art.... Creating your own style. So unless your prepared to spend days working on a single image to make it the best it can be, go keep looking for actions.

Someone needs to rename this "The AIM conversion Thread"...cause i dont think it has much to do with how christian gets his "look".
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 AM

I really didn't want to resurrect this lost thread but I have been helpless here. it has been more than a couple of years since this started. Seen some real good results here.

Just looking forward to some updates on this.

Has anyone gone as far as get one final call on the technique to achieve this now that it's 2012 end?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 AM

It's the first time I am reading this thread and I am interesting in getting closer with technique demonstrated above by SergRetouch. The link posted by him doesn't contain psd file any longer so maybe someone can explain what he did. Please.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 AM

The link works, just give it a minute to download, you are not going to see anything other than blank screen but the psd will be downloaded, I am using Google Chrome if this helps!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelhunter View Post
Ok.
To summarize:

- Download this www.aim-dtp.net/aim/download/aim_profiles.zip
- Unzip
- Right click the profiles, and choose "Install". This makes them avail. in PS.
(it's the AIM RGB we're looking for)

- Open a picture
- Edit - Convert to profile -> Adobe RGB (1998)
- Edit - Assign profile - AIM RGB
and again
- Edit - Convert to profile -> Adobe RGB (1998)
- Edit - Assign profile - AIM RGB
- Duplicate Background layer
- Set copy to Multiply
- Still on copy -> Blending Options - Alt-click "Underlying Layer" and drag the white(on the right) slider to about 112.
- Add a Curves layer, and drag the black slider to about "Input 25".

Hi, sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I've been reading through and have found really useful information, however I'm getting some very awkward and different results.

Can anyone help me out on this? Why am I getting this horrible distortion in the color?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen-Shot-2013-07-18-at-2.35.51-PM.jpg (86.0 KB, 97 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Are you working off a RAW file or JPG? it looks like there is not enough color info in the image due to low quality JPG. Remember, every style you see from big names is done on a RAW file. You need high res files to do color-shift safely and cleanly!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
Are you working off a RAW file or JPG? it looks like there is not enough color info in the image due to low quality JPG. Remember, every style you see from big names is done on a RAW file. You need high res files to do color-shift safely and cleanly!
Good point. I snagged the image that pixelhunter had posted since I wanted to see how close I could replicate the style. I'll try out a RAW file of mine and report back to you guys.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2013, 03:24 PM

I think I've figured it out. I was not splitting the sliders on the Underlying Layer blending.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2013, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnicklo View Post
I think I've figured it out. I was not splitting the sliders on the Underlying Layer blending.
Can you show the outcome
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching