RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HighQuality removing wrinkles in dress??

Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 AM

Unhappy HighQuality removing wrinkles in dress??

Hi everybody... This is my first posting here and I hope someone can help me because I'm really getting to freak out....
I've got a job, which is overall quite hard to retouch, but with plenty of afford it's going on and on in little steps. BUT despite of my experience of a retoucher 3 Fotos of that set are almost impossible for me to retouch...
I'm getting a bit panic because I have only some days left to manage them all, and wanted to ask YOU if someone could help me??????
PLEASE!!!!

Problem:
I've to get off the wrinkles in that dress...
The tiny, short ones at the bottom of the pic are - maybe - manageable by using al lot of cloning / MagicPen + byRo's Degrunge (Blur and Highpass Technique) ... maybe...
BUT the larger one at the torso??????? I also tried to create an own pattern and an own brush out of the dress's fabric.... but not successful since now...
I'would be really pleased if someone could help me!!!
tnxAlot

HighQuality Problem-Pic downloadable here:
"http://www.monochrome-art.com/dress.jpg"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress_small.jpg (81.0 KB, 126 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:21 AM

Re: HighQuality removing wrinkles in dress??

Hi

try to get the pattern from the leg or browse the web for a similar pict to get the texture even so U'll need the patience of a middle sized budha to do this for HQ

best luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dressy.jpg (86.0 KB, 88 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 AM

Hi! Thx for your fast response...
Yeah, I know it's not a "funky"-shorttime job....

Do you have an idea how to use the pattern (in a brush or pattern stamp) without creating these ugly "repeat-pattern" (I mean when you place the same pattern again and again next to each other you'll recognize the repeating-scheme) (since yet i tried some brush-dynamics and the pattern-maker (filter)

tnx once again!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 AM

U'd copy this to a new layer and dupe it several times, use the free transform and check the needling to keep in line and than correct the lightning, this is the workflow. It's not my business but I hope U'll get damn big money for because this work is really PITA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pattern.jpg (66.3 KB, 76 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saby View Post
U'd copy this to a new layer and dupe it several times, use the free transform and check the needling to keep in line and than correct the lightning, this is the workflow. It's not my business but I hope U'll get damn big money for because this work is really PITA
I agree... this isn't some quickie for a few bucks. I would use the the patch and rubber stamp tool on the folds as a starting point, and use that leg like saby suggests. No feathering or soft brushes when using the heal tool (patch and etc.)... it looks wack around feathered edges. Make sure the shading looks natural, too... you'll probably have to add that back in.

There are many plugins to make repeat patterns that line up...
http://www.humansoftware.com/pages12...Sprepet11.html

You can use pattern maker on a 50% gray layer set to soft light layer mode and blend it in w/a layer mask and layer opacity.

And this is just a starting point for everything you'll have to do to make it look real. Good luck... and ask for enough to cover the hours you'll work on this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2008, 02:15 AM

When I had to do this:

1. First (before even starting what ever), you have to preview (sketch on paper for ex.) what your new image will look like.
Are you going to take out 'all' the wrinkles, leave some, or create some new (less obvious) ones?
So, first of all, you have to previsualize what your new lmage will look like (the form and lighting will be different, taking out the wrinkles).

2. If you have figured that out, you can start repairing some large areas (in this case for ex. the top part, and second the right leg-part).
These parts (which will have a uniform look after touching them up), you can duplicate, adapt, blend etc., and use them to sculpture your new body.

This stage is to create a uniform new dress, keeping the texture, but without wrinkles.

3. Next step is to add the lighting and (if there are) some wrinkles. (Dodging & burning and copying and blending in some parts of the original again).

In every step, you have to refer to your sketch, internet photo (or whatever you have in mind).

Don t forget: the most important thing is that you have to know in advance how your new photoretouch will look like in the end.
Most of the retouchers start retouching without having in mind what their final image will look like. That might work for a lot of things, but not on the more complicated things.

Easiest way of course is to reshoot it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching