RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Magazine color/skin.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:22 PM

Re: Magazine color/skin.

not too long ago, in order for one to share his/her photos online the images had to be digitally scanned. they had to be enhance with photoshop (or other softwares) before they could be upload online. some didn't give a crap, uploaded anyway and the photos looked like crap. with inexpensive digital cameras nowadays, anyone can share their photos, without using special softwares, and they look pretty decent (way better than cheap digitized images in the past). i see photoshop kind of the same. if there are quick ways to enhance the photos for the mass, why not use them. not everyone cuts out to be a retoucher (i don't mean to sound arrogant). not everyone wants to sit down and plays with pixels like some of us. retouching is a "pain in the ass" haha.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toan thai View Post
if there are quick ways to enhance the photos for the mass, why not use them. not everyone cuts out to be a retoucher.
Maybe the domain should be "www.retouchquickandeasy.com" then.
Otherwise i don't understand people that come to a website called
'retouchPRO' and complain when they're told being 'pro' isn't quick
and easy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Maybe the domain should be "www.retouchquickandeasy.com" then.
Otherwise i don't understand people that come to a website called
'retouchPRO' and complain when they're told being 'pro' isn't quick
and easy.
so then a lot of people don't qualify to be in here since this site is "retouchpro" the point i am making is some people join this site so they can learn and improve their photoshop skills to the point that they feel comfortable doing creative photography but not at amy dresser or chris tarantino level. they just want to have a little fun with photoshop without getting BEAT DOWN by some advanced photoshop experts for not learning the right way. it's nice that everyone learning photoshop the hard way but that's not the reality.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-18-2008, 02:59 AM

And How do you get this color?
http://amydresser.com/img/BacardiPeach.jpg
Must be several ways but its amazing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toan thai View Post
so then a lot of people don't qualify to be in here since this site is "retouchpro" the point i am making is some people join this site so they can learn and improve their photoshop skills to the point that they feel comfortable doing creative photography but not at amy dresser or chris tarantino level. they just want to have a little fun with photoshop without getting BEAT DOWN by some advanced photoshop experts for not learning the right way. it's nice that everyone learning photoshop the hard way but that's not the reality.
I agree.
I didn't come here looking for "quick and easy". I came here with just a question, I don't care if it's easy or complicated. It was a style I wanted to try either way. I mentioned previously that I am NOT a professional retoucher and I don't aspire to be. Some how that seemed to get over looked. This was for my own use for fun. If I was looking to get into retouching professionally, I'm sure it would be different. I'd probably take photoshop classes. But this was just for fun. Many people use photoshop for fun and I guarantee a lot of professionals would view their work as not being any good. You wouldn't go to a park and walk up to people playing two on two basketball and tell them they need five on five, two halves, uniforms, etc. That is the difference between professional and fun. I'm surprised this thread is still around, lol.

"Insensitive", Thank you so much for the links. I completely see what you're saying now, "the cartoonish look". I've been doing the suggestions on the first page and playing around with things. I'm going to bookmark the links you gave me and play around with those. Again, thank you very very much.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasteE View Post
You wouldn't go to a park and walk up to people playing two on two basketball and tell them they need five on five, two halves, uniforms, etc. That is the difference between professional and fun.
That is true, but absolutely not the point, as you already mentioned, people using the same program for their "fun". Illegally btw, or who paid 600 bucks to buy CS3 for their "fun2"?

Anyway, back to topic: When it's about baseball, I have never ever seen those fun guys waltzing into the next stadium and asking "Hey guys, we have seen you playing for a while now and it's amazing how people love your play and how great it looks like. What technique do you use?" And even if they did, the answer would probably be something like "Well, in general we try to hit the ball and run around this white cushions on the ground, that's it" But the fun guys keep bouncing back after 10 minutes yelling "Hey, you were lying!" We exactly did what you said and there is still no crowd cheering! There must be some special technique and you just won't tell us because if you did, we'd become better!"

No, those guys are smart enough to know it's a totally normal thing to just keep playing in the park, having fun and admiring the pros from the distance. Yes, they use the same gear and play by the same rules, but they play in a way the fun guys just can't keep up with.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2008, 08:43 AM

Luckily I got my program legally. I once bought a game system for $400. Fun can be expensive. No need to make unfair assumptions.

Not every single person on this forum is a professional. Professional players get asked for tips a lot and some teams hold clinics for fans. There are often many ways to get the same result. This was actually mentioned on the first page by another poster here. Those guys that play for fun still play hard and many of them play well.

No need to try to "argue" or condescend over the Internet. I asked a simple question and some replies were the helpful tips I was looking for. I've been done posting in the thread but wanted to thank "insensitive" for the helpful link. I just added in my reply an agreement with anther poster here. It was definitely interesting to see the thread still around.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2008, 01:59 PM

No problem hun. Its a really fun technique if you use it well
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching