RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Some simply techniques

Old 03-20-2008, 10:07 PM

Some simply techniques

So; i was tring new methods and stuff; and i found out some interesting thinks, probably is not big deal but i did'nt sow them on any tutorial that i had readed, so...

Hight pass is a very useful filter; and seeing that becomes flat gray all that is not a edge (or something among those lines); i remember that overlay use gray as starting point (no change); so to make the edges more sharpened in a controlled way i just set in a new layer the high pass version (enought amount to easyly see the important edges); then make a copy of the image as mask; and extract the edges with "find edges", then invert; is not the same procces for all the images, but usually you move the white levels, use a little of Dodge tool in higthlight mode to erase those sharpened edges where there should be none; then invert (so the edges are white and everything else black); and after use filter > other > mininum (1 px) to expand the white edges and then gaussian blur (1 px); and then put the layer in overlay, and now we have controlled sharpened edges; easily you can pain with a soft brush on the mask to sharpen or to un-sharpen the parts you want.

Another think that i sow looking at the chanels (RGB) is that many of the skin problems where in the green channel; i maked a copy of the image and hide it; an then took the channels in 3 differents layers (control+click over every chanel, and then make a layer filling it with that color; then with a black layer behind put them in Color dodge (add)) and then transfrom the green layer to the same thing but created with a layer mask, then i used levels to make the white levels on that mask to "clean" the image and a little bit of black input to make them stay with a similar gray tone,; then i fade that change a little (edit > fade levels) so now we have a more cleaned images with wierds green tones, but they look nice so let them be... or you can put the copy of the layer in front and put it in color mode; but problably you have to play with the colors a little more to recover the color in 100%.

I know, my english sucks but i hope you understood something of what i said.

And please go to my other forum an make critiques about my work; http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/cri...tml#post186789; even if they suck to much tell me what really really sucks on them.

Last edited by AltIvan; 03-20-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching