RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Photoshop Express

Old 03-27-2008, 05:45 AM

Photoshop Express

Adobe has made public Photoshop Express: the online version of its best selling product.

It is at http://www.photoshop.com/express

[EDIT]

After playing with it and reading online reviews, I came across this interesting tidbit buried in the terms and conditions that you MUST accept before becoming a member. The italics are a copy of the actual terms and conditions text:
Adobe does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, with respect to Your Content that you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Services, you grant Adobe a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other Materials or works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
How do you feel about it that Adobe has all those rights over your published images?

Perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable rights over everything you post?

Last edited by Frank Lopes; 03-27-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 AM

Re: Photoshop Express

Those terms suck...Aviary would not do that to you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2008, 11:49 AM

That's not cool. What does it matter that they don't claim ownership your images when they have the right to do what they want with them, even making money off of them? I thought it was really odd that I got a pop-up warning asking me if I had the right to upload the test image that I was trying to upload to test this thing out. Luckily, I only used one test image and not the whole folder...better stick with my own server or Picasa.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2008, 02:27 PM

Yeah the license agreement is not cool. Didn't plan on using that product from them but how many will get burned having their images used without their knowledge.

Also I look at this as another stumbling block we professionals now have to go through with customers. The mentality "all it takes is just a couple clicks and you can fix that why are you charging me" when we all know it's more than a few clicks 99% of the time to properly fix anyting. I think something like this will just expand that problem for those novice/consumers, now we'll have to hear I can do that in photoshop express in 2 seconds (yeah right!)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2008, 02:30 PM

No way, José!! Most folks won't read that fine print. I can see now why Adobe is dropping support for the Adobe Stock Library link from Bridge. Now they can just sell you "their own" images and screw the photographer out of their commission.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona View Post
think something like this will just expand that problem for those novice/consumers, now we'll have to hear I can do that in photoshop express in 2 seconds (yeah right!)
I think they would find out how difficult it is to use PS and to enhance photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
I think they would find out how difficult it is to use Photoshop and to enhance photos.

Unfortunately the trend I'm seeing in my area is the lack of quality people accept and pay for. I've seen images and retouching that I said to myself, and wanted to say to the person, "you actaully paid for that". The mind set that exists is that they've done one or two little things in PS Elements or some other program so they are experts and know what it takes to do these jobs, it's a continual effort to educate them on how much time and work it takes to properly retouch one of their images and that the little bit they know doesn't even scratch the surface on how to properly do things.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2008, 08:37 AM

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/03..._about_ps.html

Looks like they might revise that bit.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching