RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

free to use 5 digital back raws!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:34 AM

Re: free to use 5 digital back raws!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_taipan View Post
Nice Phase P30 back...!
I heard they're even better than Mamiyas
how do u like it ?
Phase One P 30 is a digital module than can be adapted to different medium format camera like Mamiya , Hasselblad, Contax and other.This module replace the well known film casette from the camera.BUT nice part is that you can use the back like a polaroid and then load the film holder and feel alive again.Digital will never beat analog.In musical instruments is the same.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMS View Post
Phase One P 30 is a digital module than can be adapted to different medium format camera like Mamiya , Hasselblad, Contax and other.This module replace the well known film casette from the camera.BUT nice part is that you can use the back like a polaroid and then load the film holder and feel alive again.Digital will never beat analog.In musical instruments is the same.
from what you posted i see that digital is getting very close if not better than film, but it's not an item i can afford for home use which is why i still use my film cameras...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2008, 02:54 AM

I have been looking your pictures (CMS) and is a very good result.
I don´t like the battle between digital and analogic, but I think that, in most situations and jobs, digital backs has high end enough quality.

I am a still life photographer and work with Imacon Digital Back. I work with four shots technology, getting incredible results (perfect textures) and have the posibility to work with 16 shots technology, getting a 384 16 bit file without interpolation.

Never heard from a client saying: " Ohhhh, sorry, but we don´t have enough quality". Normally they said to me things like: "384 mb? Please, next time give me a smaller file, my computer can´t work quickly with that kind of files".

About using a P30 like Polaroid....... Wow, I am sure you have a lot of work and high rate per day to do that, LOL. Digital backs are expensive and with very short life if your clients wants always "The last" ( Crazy Megapixel race: more megapixels-better pics)

Cms, I am busy this week, but next week I will try another pic. Thanks a lot, again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2008, 04:56 AM

Tip:
next time you may want to use either http://www.podmailing.com/ (FREE, no size limits), or http://www.pando.com (FREE, 1GB size limit), to make large files available to others on the web without the nags, the confusion, and the waiting times of RapidShare.

Also, you can zip TIFF files before uploading to shrink the file size without image quality loss.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 AM

I haven't seen any digital shots (overall) beat out or match film yet. there's just something about film. it's just more natural. and captures greater details and color gradations in my opinion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2008, 12:13 PM

what bothers me with digital backs, is that they're slow, compared to the 20MP eos 1ds mark III, even though it's another type of camera, and a different way of working.
1,5 image/s, then wait for the transfert to computer, then load up images into the software for preview; lightroom or capture one for most.
can't wait for the 40/50 mp reflex..
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2008, 06:39 AM

CMS - thank you for the opportunity to work on this type of image. Very lovely lady. Comments/critiques welcome.

Photo courtesy of CMS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CF009628_orig_resized.jpg (99.1 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg CF009628_ret_resize.jpg (99.4 KB, 463 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_taipan View Post
what bothers me with digital backs, is that they're slow, compared to the 20MP eos 1ds mark III, even though it's another type of camera, and a different way of working.
1,5 image/s, then wait for the transfert to computer, then load up images into the software for preview; lightroom or capture one for most.
can't wait for the 40/50 mp reflex..
You are right.THEY ARE SLOW.But you must see the advantage.More time to look for details, composing the image, model posing etc.The old school way.I have grown up with film and i have embraced digital from the begining.
Even with this type of performance digital will never be able to compete with gorgeus, aleatoire way of silver chemicals.NEVER.NEVER <NEVER. Digital is for making money.Just that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 AM

my version
retouch and soft focus efect
Attached Images
File Type: jpg focus.jpg (47.4 KB, 269 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2008, 06:57 PM

my try

http://alex-sj.deviantart.com/art/Wa...rling-84102830
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching