RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Not that Pascal needs any more attention

Old 05-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Re: Not that Pascal needs any more attention

Referencing the Daily article: It probably is not the attention he would want to have. Annie's response is no compliment I would think.

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall".

k
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Somebody please direct me to this article. What a weird site.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2008, 07:10 PM

Multiple people having problems with that link. Here Google this:

daily news larry mcshane snap! &
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2008, 07:18 PM

Oh boy, this is going to be interesting. Betcha there's a lot of cell phones being shouted into all weekend in NYC. Annie doesn't want the world to know that she's no longer shooting full frame Tri-X or Ektachrome through a Nikon F anymore. Somebody get ready to land her work, although I heard just yesterday that she's a little late with payments...........
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Benny,

Have you seen the video of the session with the Queen & Annie? It looked like she was shooting a Canon mk II 1ds. Those images appeared to be retouched. Color and background. I think you can find it on YouTube.

k
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Mr. Tarantino,

I am a fan of your and Ms. Amy Dresser. =)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2008, 08:35 PM

Rich,

Your portfolio is rad too. I've visited your website and good grief! Awesome retouching. =)

--Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Rich View Post
I think that he is somewhat a producer of images. Directing his staff towards the results he seeks for client and self satisfaction.

He is very known for his color treatment so there's some truth to Annie's statement of him being a printer. Excellent photographers can make those claims. Most others can't. Sometimes, in my case, I am the insurance for when a shoot goes miserably wrong.

I just want to know how he feels about being so called reprimanded in the press.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktg222 View Post
Benny,

Have you seen the video of the session with the Queen & Annie? It looked like she was shooting a Canon mk II 1ds. Those images appeared to be retouched. Color and background. I think you can find it on YouTube.

k
Hey, you know and I know what the modern tools are. But what I'm saying is that some photographers want the world to think that what's exposed is what the world sees. Think about it - has Annie ever talked about her retouching much, or even at all? This is all very threatening to them, yet, at the same time, separates them from the past. Real devil's bargain.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2008, 09:44 PM

I can completely understand the advantage to be able to sell yourself... and the fact that someone who can talk a great game, but might not have the same ability, might get the work...

maybe I'm misinterpreting... but why worry about any misconceptions about retouching? I assume we're referring to the general public, correct?

Anyone that you might get work from has an understanding of how important this stage is. I doubt that there is a single thing that could convince someone in the industry (any industry involving retouching) to think otherwise.

Anyone that has a misconception, whether it's that retouching contributes to a false sense of perfection, or I don't know, whatever it is... I'm not sure how to finish this thought, but I like to think that in general, our work should be unnoticed, and I guess I'm saying we should be as well... That's not to say you shouldn't be recognized for your work, you will be, but within your industry... The target audience is not your target audience.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2008, 04:30 AM

I do not think retouching is unethical,commercially that is your selling a Product,and the people of that product want it to look its best.That said:I think there are a lot of sloppy photographers out ther that do not learn there craft.Think its not so?Think about this wedding photographers shooting 3000 photos (or more) do you think when film was used they were doing that,think of the cost.Thats just one example and I know there are many more.The other problem is Restoration people are not restoring photos I have brougth this up before changing backgrounds making people look younger etc... Sorry NOT RESTORATION thats why some of the Photographers I talked with have a problem with people touching there photos
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching