RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

High End Retouching = not....

Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 AM

Re: High End Retouching = not....

I share my point so it's another person in the industry adding the knowledge and tip for people that keep using a not so great method. That's all
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM

Nice link Bianca! The 2 most used methods of D&B by professionals are the 50% neutral gray layer & the Dual Curve method. Both are good.
Curves can be very adjustable.

Both methods have been discussed in depth on this site in many
different threads.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 09:48 AM

I’m active on many fora (forums?) and moderator on one of them, but I must say Retouchpro has the most peculiar members. I have never seen such a large group unwilling to answer straight questions or unwilling to participate in real discussions. Many are unwilling to share their work or share their techniques, but claim to be masters. There is much shouting: ‘No, this is not high-end’ or ‘No, technique x is not good, use y’, but fail to give a real motivation.

Fortunately, some high-end retouchers are willing to share their knowledge and are willing to participate in a real discussion, and make this board worth a visit. My goal is to gain knowledge and be able to discuss (better) techniques, I think this should be everyone’s goal. It fails me to see why some members are active here, they’re too busy … right?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 10:00 AM

I personally think its good to share techniques. Thats how everyone learns to begin with. If your confident in your own ability you should'nt be scared of what others might learn from you. In any case theres a big difference between knowing how something is done and actually being able execute
it well. If someone wants to put the time and effort into becoming really good then good for them.

Last edited by mayday; 05-28-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 10:00 AM

Hendrik visit that link I last posted. Maybe that can help you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 AM

hahaha.. nice one.. love the thread on model mayhem.. and the tutorial.. i saw it before and didnt practice it.. thought it was one of the "cheap looking" tutorial.. but now i know... didnt hover my mouse before....

ow ya guys.. keep on posting things like these.. it is an honour to share a thread with pros like you guys...
i agree that there are so many crapy tutorials out there for quick fix... and i know you guys are busy busy working... so thanks again for the knowledge sharing.. looking forward for more....

thank you guys.. learned a LOT!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 AM

Since people were disapointed I wouldnt offer my own stradegies at least I found a better tut. for you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandenk View Post
hahaha.. nice one.. love the thread on model mayhem.. and the tutorial.. i saw it before and didnt practice it.. thought it was one of the "cheap looking" tutorial.. but now i know... didnt hover my mouse before....

ow ya guys.. keep on posting things like these.. it is an honour to share a thread with pros like you guys...
i agree that there are so many crapy tutorials out there for quick fix... and i know you guys are busy busy working... so thanks again for the knowledge sharing.. looking forward for more....

thank you guys.. learned a LOT!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 12:55 PM

>>>>>>>> Most people that know the correct way to retouch don't have time to construct any tutorials.

That's a ridiculous generalization.
Everybody here has "some" job and other responsibilities.

Come on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=Bianca Carosio;194004]I saw the tutorial mayday left..and it's fair but really not much difference..although far better then blurring as an option.

Crazy Fly you said

"BC, your retouches look very Imagenomic to me. For instance, the complete absence of natural variations in skin tones. Is this how you achieve your results?"

What did you mean by my work looking imagenomic? And how is there an absence of natural variations in my work's skin tones?

QUOTE]

http://www.imagenomic.com/pt.aspx

What I mean is if you use for example a stained glass filter on the skin on a face out of camera you get many different shades of colors and some different colors. I don't believe that is true of images you have retouched. Most of your images seem to not have that natural gradation.
I also noticed that you give the caucasians a bronze, doorknob sort of color. What's that about?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 03:05 PM

with all that Bianca doesn't want to share she actually contributed by starting this thread.
But with a little time, searching and reading you will find more info here than you will know what to do with. I also think all of the valuable info is not in the tutorial forum.
just search threads by ant, heyrad, cricket1961, shelby and snook305 and you will find discussions on the proper way of skin retouching.

I have no idea why Bianca is on this forum if she doesn't want to share and feels she knows too much to learn anything from here.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching