RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

High End Retouching = not....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 05-28-2008, 03:49 PM
JavierT JavierT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 169
Re: High End Retouching = not....

Hi everybody:

I have been reading the different opinions posted in this thread and a lot of things come into my head. I have my particular point of view of sharing information (the reason we are here posting).

I have been teaching photography for a while, and after that time, I continued explaining technique to people who asked to me. My girlfriend told to me: Why do you explain how you do your work? My answer: it doesn´t matter. For example: take a group of 50 people (ej. photographers), give it a completly tutorial, very good explained. The result: 25 peoples only want get knowledge cause they are advanced amateurs. 15 people wants to work like a photographer, but never will take the decision to change their actually work. 10 people did it, but only two or three have the patience and the perseverance to achieve it. And the market is very little and very wide at the same time.

I have been speaking about D&B with many photographers I know and... nobody use it. To hard, to slow, a lot of work, I know a quicker method...bla, bla, bla.

We are people from all around the world, who wants to share knowledge and, if you can, you want to work hard, and you have enough talent, be a pro, a very good pro.

I have a teacher that told to me the next: If somebody don´t want to teach something to you, cause he is afraid about his job, the reason is that he is not sure about his knowledge or, worst, his talent. This is not a general rule, but sometimes, it happens.

Sorry for the very long post, and for my english. I am learning a lot of it too, and I am sure that translators are not getting nervous.

Dont be afraid to share, enjoy it.

Cheers to everybody.
Reply With Quote top
  #42  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Bianca Carosio Bianca Carosio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 78
Re: High End Retouching = not....

???? um ok?? no idea what you're trying to say...lol



[QUOTE=crazyfly1;194040]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca Carosio View Post
I saw the tutorial mayday left..and it's fair but really not much difference..although far better then blurring as an option.


Crazy Fly you said

"BC, your retouches look very Imagenomic to me. For instance, the complete absence of natural variations in skin tones. Is this how you achieve your results?"

What did you mean by my work looking imagenomic? And how is there an absence of natural variations in my work's skin tones?

QUOTE]

http://www.imagenomic.com/pt.aspx

What I mean is if you use for example a stained glass filter on the skin on a face out of camera you get many different shades of colors and some different colors. I don't believe that is true of images you have retouched. Most of your images seem to not have that natural gradation.
I also noticed that you give the caucasians a bronze, doorknob sort of color. What's that about?
Reply With Quote top
  #43  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Bianca Carosio Bianca Carosio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 78
Re: High End Retouching = not....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LESider View Post
with all that Bianca doesn't want to share she actually contributed by starting this thread.
But with a little time, searching and reading you will find more info here than you will know what to do with. I also think all of the valuable info is not in the tutorial forum.
just search threads by ant, heyrad, cricket1961, shelby and snook305 and you will find discussions on the proper way of skin retouching.

I have no idea why Bianca is on this forum if she doesn't want to share and feels she knows too much to learn anything from here.

On your last sentences, sorry you think that way but people have asked me my opinion on the tutorials here and I rate the last one fair..I can be harsh but I'm not so there is no statement made that I havea "too good" attitude.
Reply With Quote top
  #44  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Bianca Carosio Bianca Carosio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 78
Thumbs up Re: High End Retouching = not....

Double cheers...good english!


Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierT View Post
Hi everybody:

I have been reading the different opinions posted in this thread and a lot of things come into my head. I have my particular point of view of sharing information (the reason we are here posting).

I have been teaching photography for a while, and after that time, I continued explaining technique to people who asked to me. My girlfriend told to me: Why do you explain how you do your work? My answer: it doesn´t matter. For example: take a group of 50 people (ej. photographers), give it a completly tutorial, very good explained. The result: 25 peoples only want get knowledge cause they are advanced amateurs. 15 people wants to work like a photographer, but never will take the decision to change their actually work. 10 people did it, but only two or three have the patience and the perseverance to achieve it. And the market is very little and very wide at the same time.

I have been speaking about D&B with many photographers I know and... nobody use it. To hard, to slow, a lot of work, I know a quicker method...bla, bla, bla.

We are people from all around the world, who wants to share knowledge and, if you can, you want to work hard, and you have enough talent, be a pro, a very good pro.

I have a teacher that told to me the next: If somebody don´t want to teach something to you, cause he is afraid about his job, the reason is that he is not sure about his knowledge or, worst, his talent. This is not a general rule, but sometimes, it happens.

Sorry for the very long post, and for my english. I am learning a lot of it too, and I am sure that translators are not getting nervous.

Dont be afraid to share, enjoy it.

Cheers to everybody.
Reply With Quote top
  #45  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:09 PM
KR1156 KR1156 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: outside of the box.
Posts: 628
Re: High End Retouching = not....

the retouching is very heavy handed....D&B or not.....you might have some trouble with that if you were to work in a house.
Reply With Quote top
  #46  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Bianca Carosio Bianca Carosio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 78
Re: High End Retouching = not....

who is that for?


Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1156 View Post
the retouching is very heavy handed....D&B or not.....you might have some trouble with that if you were to work in a house.
Reply With Quote top
  #47  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:12 PM
KR1156 KR1156 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: outside of the box.
Posts: 628
Re: High End Retouching = not....

you darling.
Reply With Quote top
  #48  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Bianca Carosio Bianca Carosio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 78
Re: High End Retouching = not....

well obviously I have no trouble I'm in house and out..lol
Reply With Quote top
  #49  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:15 PM
smak smak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 284
Re: High End Retouching = not....

I think I've read up on the high-end method of skin smoothing. It involves - using your favorite layers setup - dodging and burning tiny areas at a time at very low brush opacities, building up your lightening or darkening of small pixel areas. It takes hours to do a face.

On a personal note- I can't see spending years learning photoshop to wind up at a cubicle spending 40 - 60 hrs. a week dodging and burning the pixels on some mug's face. Somebody else can have that job.
Reply With Quote top
  #50  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Bianca Carosio Bianca Carosio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 78
Re: High End Retouching = not....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
I think I've read up on the high-end method of skin smoothing. It involves - using your favorite layers setup - dodging and burning tiny areas at a time at very low brush opacities, building up your lightening or darkening of small pixel areas. It takes hours to do a face.

On a personal note- I can't see spending years learning photoshop to wind up at a cubicle spending 40 - 60 hrs. a week dodging and burning the pixels on some mug's face. Somebody else can have that job.



I agree! No matter who wants to continue in this field...only the most talented/people that love it...will stick through!
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
high end skin retouching bandenk Photo Retouching 2 09-11-2008 09:26 PM
High End Retouching yangez Photo Retouching 15 03-23-2008 08:06 PM
High End Retoucher London GRC Classifieds 0 02-26-2008 05:21 AM
High End Retouchers, New York tee Classifieds 4 02-01-2008 02:03 AM
High End retoucher available (London) looveruk Classifieds 0 01-10-2008 12:18 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved