Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

You aren't going to learn it on the internet....

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Re: You aren't going to learn it on the internet..

Browsing the Internet leads to information of tools and techniques.
One must be familiar with all the tools and filters before you can practice.
if someone develops a combination of actions that creates a certain effect and shares it, it will be beneficial for self improvement.

Artists have been sharing and teaching techniques with students forever, the internet is just a bigger classroom.

Now, reaching an advanced level of skill using techniques learned requires practice.... but like athletics, sometimes people are better because they just have more natural skill at the craft than others.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:48 PM

Hugh, follow directions on the form below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Form1.jpg (24.0 KB, 135 views)
Old 07-18-2008, 10:24 PM

anybody think hugh may have lost a job or client to a (gasp) sucky retouchpro member. I think he is simply striking back, lol!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:50 PM

Hugh. Pimping wares? After 3 years of helping people out that is what I am doing is Pimping wares?

I posted A tutorial/link. I have never pushed my books, not once. I mentioned 2 of my speaking engagements because they were on topics that are talked about a lot on this forum.

And after many many people over a LOT of time(years) on this forum I have given in and am making a DVD based on requests from both inside the forum and outside. And even though putting it together is going rather badly right now, it is getting made because people asked to see how not only how I do things, but how other stuff is done. Hardly PIMPED.

Pimped would be joining the forum for the sole purpose of selling something you have done and nothing else.

Not every one here is doing the same kind of retouching. So just because someone can do this but not that and asks how to do this doesn't mean he/she sucks. It means they want to learn something. Maybe not what you are looking for, but it doesn't make it wrong either.

Flora, thanks for the name correction. I appreciate that.

Last edited by cricket1961; 07-19-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: terrible typing skills, but afraid to ask how.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:16 AM

Hi to everybody on this forum. I have been a member now for some time and as I have had nothing to contribute due to lack of knowledge this is my first post. The reason I'm posting now is that I'm as mad as hell by this halfwit and his snide swipe at Chris Tarantino. I live in a small rural area and the kind of knowledge that Chris and many others give so generously is just not available. In addition I have had severe health problems and are now relegated to a pension that forbids the kind of investment required even if the tutelage was available. Thanks to the generosity of people like Chris I have learned much and now do a little teaching myself for people in my area that have no idea of where to start in post processing. I practice hard and my skills are gradually getting up there, which gives me hope for a future income which I would not otherwise have due to physical and financial restrictions. Even if that does not come to pass the joy this activity affords me cannot be calculated. Yes I'm looking forward to the video because I want to learn from the best and to repay Chris in some small way for his consistent generosity over very long period. Individuals like Chris on this and other forums are the givers of this world and are to be valued and respected. Regards Max
Old 07-19-2008, 02:01 AM

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Another rant from someone who thinks that we all aspire to be like they are (heaven forbid), and who requires that we all conform to their idea of taste. How sad.

The truth is Hugh, that no one really cares about your opinions, no matter how rudely they are expressed.

If in your view we're somehow sub-standard, then so be it, you don't have to visit.

The purpose of this site is not as you suppose to churn out a set of "professional" clones, conforming to your own narrow definition of that title, but to exchange information and ideas with people who enjoy working and playing with image editing.

Sorry you don't like that, but that's how it is.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:14 AM

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I see the point that Hugh is making. I am struggling to learn the tools and methods of manipulation, while professional results imply mastery and tasteful application of those tools.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:54 AM

You seem really frustrated, have you been having problems refining your D & B technique or something?

If so, please don't worry about it, if you do a search on this forum you'll find some great tutorials that might be able to assist you. I too find photoshop difficult sometimes so don't worry about it, after all, just like you, we're all here to learn. ;-)
Old 07-19-2008, 03:04 AM

Nice play on words 'Hugh' that really your name???

Hugh Steenk = You Stink?

lol...get a life my friend and let those who want to learn, try to do so without you ramming their faces in your 'steenk'!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:38 AM

for why he is frustrated ? I'm not getting.

I'm using this community and tutorials on the internet. I learned a lot and leraning daily.

Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching