RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

You aren't going to learn it on the internet....

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 AM

Re: You aren't going to learn it on the internet..

Most of the posts seem to be assuming that he is a professional..why? Just because he says so. Why is it that the people who claim they are so called "High-end retouchers" never post their work?

To me there is a difference between professional and brat. Even if he has the skills he proclaims I wouldn't call him a professional... There is more to any profession then skills.

But we all should know we are feeding his joy as a troll.

Butch
Old 07-20-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
Oh, but I did get a rise out of you.
Only my girlfriend gets 'a rise out of me' now.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Richardson View Post
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Another rant from someone who thinks that we all aspire to be like they are (heaven forbid), and who requires that we all conform to their idea of taste. How sad.

The truth is Hugh, that no one really cares about your opinions, no matter how rudely they are expressed.

If in your view we're somehow sub-standard, then so be it, you don't have to visit.

The purpose of this site is not as you suppose to churn out a set of "professional" clones, conforming to your own narrow definition of that title, but to exchange information and ideas with people who enjoy working and playing with image editing.

Sorry you don't like that, but that's how it is.
That's what I should have said . Well done.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:52 AM

First of all everyone is entiitled to an opinion,BUT.
Who is this person Have yo seen any of his work(someone in this form said he is Highend or Elitist)show me the work thats what I say.
Just remember anyone can say anything they want ;example I have Highend Clients ,I make huge money Etc,but it all comes down to show me the work,and I have not seen any from this person
Zganie
Old 07-20-2008, 09:15 PM

is it not obvious that HughSteenk is "you stink" and that he is just trolling everyone here?

Really no one should even respond to his posts.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM

Not a troll. Any post that gets so many responses in minutes is a post that touches your ouchy points and needs to be examined. There is good advice in my original post. It's too bad that there is so much need to DEFEND defend defend and deny and attempt to derail. Me think thou doth protest way too much...

1,869 views..
Old 07-24-2008, 07:27 PM

Stinky, you are a fraud. You obviously must suck as you refuse to show your own work. Other than what is probably a lie about your salary and what you do for a living you have shown and said nothing to prove you are even remotely qualified to offer your opinions, or that there is any reason anyone should bother to listen.

Personally I could care less about what you have to say other than it is entertaining. It requires a tremendous amount of immaturity and a complete lack of self confidence to go into a friendly place like this anonymously and simply try to stir things up. Since the first time you posted on this forum it was evident that your intentions are nothing more than malicious. I mean c'mon man, "HughSteenk"? Huge Stink, That is all you are trying to create and it is not even a good play on words.

Put your work where your mouth is, otherwise anything you say is simple-minded, hollow and pointless.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:19 PM

Hey Alan, yeah you cardmanl. You aren't going anywhere with your poor attempt at reverse psychology or whatever it is that you are trying to do. Anonymous? Who are you? I mean you aren't saying here (I know, but I know a lot). Where's your work? I wasn't aware that it was a prerequisite to show ones work. What is this, high school math midterms? Don't listen, keep denying. I'm making it all up obviously. I'm a trained liar that gains financially off of giving advice on web forums. I really live 3 houses down from you in cowboy town. We once were on the same ski lift. Really like your moustache btw. You, by posting, must really feel threatened. Maybe it's time to make some changes and/or get some education.

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 07-24-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
Old 07-24-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughSteenk View Post
... I wasn't aware that it was a prerequisite to show ones work. What is this, high school math midterms? ....
No, this is not high school, this is a forum for people who are interested in DOING photo retouching/restoration/art, and 99.9% of members who post do show their work - usually when helping someone who submits a photo that is giving them trouble.

This is a friendly forum, built to share information and share a love of images and photo editing. It is hard not to rise to the bait when someone spews insults towards the members as a whole (or 98.9% of us) and specifically, and moderators will continue to watch.

Hugh, if you have some point to debate, please state it clearly. So far, in the several threads that you have "participated" in, I have seen a lot of seasoning (mostly pepper) with no meat.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:37 AM

OK folks, this threads going nowhere, so lets see some constructive suggestions being made, and not just insult and counter insult.

Hugh, if you've got any points to make, make them in the polite and respectful way that we expect in this forum.

Any more insults, name calling, or behaviour suitable only for a children's play pen, by any member, and this thread will be locked, as it's clearly serving no purpose.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching