RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Driving me insane

Old 07-23-2008, 04:46 PM

Re: Driving me insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by saby View Post
I prefere the 2nd one in Ur first post

my suggestion to liquify these parts instead of transforming the eye and some levels correction if it's allowed
Thanks, Saby
Good suggestion with the liquifly. I saw you marked the top lip but I couldn't tell any change in the version you did..to the lip that is.
As for color and tone... That's something that's been frustrating the hell out of me for a long time. I'll get the tone, color and contrast just where I want it; then soon as I go to the Save for web dialog box it just changes it dramatically. Ups the contrast, ups the saturation especially in the reds. I keep the icc profile checked so it pretty much like right in Safari but way off in IE & Firefox. Does anybody else get frustrated with this problem?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwayne View Post
I like the second one also but I would move the entire eye a little to her right (closer to her nose).
Thank Duwayne,
Yeah, I was trying that. I'd go one pixel in and it seemed to close, and one pixel out and it seemed to far out. Oh well, maybe when I get back to it I'll have a clearer perspective.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saby View Post
JD U created a brand-new girl, I've just recognized the which is the orig
Yeah, but you didn't with a say that with a positive or negative. I was expecting some complaints about that in which I was prepared to answer. I see examples all the time where a persons looks is changed just as much or more by simply changing the skin complexion. The justification is that it's nothing that couldn't be archived with make up. Being that make up has been around for so long it's OK to simulate. How long does Photoshop need to be around for it to be OK. It's a stretch but I'm standing by it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Its not the whole eye thats bad. its the way she is looking at the lens she looks cross eyed. Maybe move her iris's to look off to the right. Dont have time to give an example
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2008, 01:24 AM

The one on the right is better. The hair wave and its shaddow creates an illusion that the right brow is bigger. I would try squeezing that down in liquify or modifying that section a bit. I would get rid of the stray hairs over the forehead too, but that's just me. Overall its a nice natural photo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Spears View Post
Thanks, Saby
Good suggestion with the liquifly. I saw you marked the top lip but I couldn't tell any change in the version you did..to the lip that is.
As for color and tone... That's something that's been frustrating the hell out of me for a long time. I'll get the tone, color and contrast just where I want it; then soon as I go to the Save for web dialog box it just changes it dramatically. Ups the contrast, ups the saturation especially in the reds. I keep the icc profile checked so it pretty much like right in Safari but way off in IE & Firefox. Does anybody else get frustrated with this problem?
Hi JD,

there was a change, but it was more than I wanted so faded back, at the nose as well, it's desapeared because of the save for the web I can check it in my Photoshop.
If U want larger image to handle load it up to a picture server like the: www.sxc.hu, when I save a file for the web and there are strange(pale) colors of it i set it oversaturated before the save try it

Last edited by saby; 07-24-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Spears View Post
Yeah, but you didn't with a say that with a positive or negative. I was expecting some complaints about that in which I was prepared to answer. I see examples all the time where a persons looks is changed just as much or more by simply changing the skin complexion. The justification is that it's nothing that couldn't be archived with make up. Being that make up has been around for so long it's OK to simulate. How long does Photoshop need to be around for it to be OK. It's a stretch but I'm standing by it.
It's just the fact U changed her face, U can do it it's positve, if she'd like to see herself in the picture, well she couldn't. My subjective: I like Ur work if I can't see the original, after that it seems, too mutch changes. Here is a version of mine from the orig may the girl in the pictures sais, it's too mutch, too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C22S0317bsaby.jpg (100.0 KB, 30 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 AM

Nice work Duw!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2008, 03:42 AM

Saby.. I can't get the file attachment to work right

Saby...

I reworked the eye using the Liquify filter and a little copy/paste. I posted a closeup using mouse-over on my web site so you can see the detals of the change.
http://oosterbaan.us/RetouchPro%2D002/
Move the cursor on and off the image to see the difference.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2008, 03:43 AM

It was working to me
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching