Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Here's One For Children of The Pores Club

Old 08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Talking Here's One For Children of The Pores Club

Ok, I admit I have become obsessed with manufacturing the perfect skin job. I am seeing skin textures in my sleep and I am using Harper's Bazaar issue Nov 05 with Catherine Zeta-Jones on the cover as my reference material. The issue is a great one to use to compare a real pro job that is going to print. If you can get it, try, because it's all there. Maybe Pascal has something in there, who knows.This issue has all the great makeup ads with perfect skin and tons of retouched jewelry ads, Gwen Paltrol, Armani makeup, every level and quality of model's skin, blurred and texture to the max.

Since HughSteenk or some of the other pro retouchers can't post some of their work because of client's QT and show us how he does it, here is a generic image he can work with and post the results and see what he can do if he has time. As you can see, some definite skin improvement needs to be done. Go for it Hugh, show us your stuff and I'll show ya mine, although I'm sure you will get better results than I can get, as you are the guru at the moment. Of course anyone can give it a go and I will be looking forward to what we come up with. It's just a partial image to save time, think of it as a cosmetic ad retouch project.

Anyway, I am starting to work the image, the hand has been dealt, and the results to come. And Hugh, I'm not trying to put you down, so don't take it that way please, but show us your best shot, go for it guy, OK?

Hopefully with the file size requirements here, the image can be worked, otherwise I can email a super hi-rez version to anyone who requests and please list your workflow

Link to my ret, where do I go from here? Shall I just keep blending with D&B soft light layers? My current workflow was; dup layer, clean blemishes with spot healing brush, balance m & Y, took out some m with H&S + curves adj layer, blended with light D&B layer/luminosity, added +3 uniform noise to punch up skin texture a bit.

later steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fashn3513.jpg (55.7 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by SteveB2005; 08-11-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Workflow
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Re: Here's One For Children of The Pores Club

Heres mines. Just some skin work, i didnt really worry about anything else, as you can see there are still some flaws, but i only did this in 3 minutes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Re: Here's One For Children of The Pores Club

Fine and smooth insensitive. Very good gradation and skin blending. I'm still trying out some stuff. Good try. I'll keep on it
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching