|Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.|
| ||Thread Tools|
I would greatly appreciate your help guys.
Re: Suggested Workflow
I'm not a fashion pro, so you are probably going to get better advice later, but here are my comments for what they are worth. All corrections done in Photoshop C3.
- removed the colour cast in the shadows using replace colour.
- cleaned up the dark patch on the back knee by selecting the area and using the heal tool.
- I did not like the composition of the image, so I used a perspective plugin to change the camera angle and cropped to 4:3.
- The picture had been too highly compressed and there are a lot of jpeg compression artifacts. I smoothed out the skin to remove these. I used a plugin, but since there is very little skin texture in the image anyway, a simple blur techinque would work just as well.
- Desaturated the reds a bit to cool down her skin before adjusting contrast. Selectively lightened the shadows around the eyes and removed lines. Whitened the eyes and teeth a bit.
- Used a duplicate layer on soft light blending mode to sharpen and increase contrast.
- Tidied up the hair using clone tool.
- Applied a very soft grey vignette around the edges of the image.
- Re-saturated the yellows a bit. Tweaked contrast again using curves.
- The back knee looked odd, so I changed the shape using the Liquify tool.
- Cleaned up the background of dirt, spots and any artifacts caused by the above adjustments. However, I left the rough edge where it joins the ground, as I felt it gave the image some perspective and feeling for the environment.
Re: Suggested Workflow
This is my work flow I try not to spend more than 3 minutes per image depending on how much work it needs.
I starting on a non destructive workflow by duplicating the BG and from there start working on layers upon layers all in Photoshop CS3
1. Duplicate BG and turn off the Bg layer
2. Color balance using a curves adjustment layer on copy layer
3. merge image
4. duplicate layer
5. clear dark spot on on knee with a curves adjustment layer and a mask
6. Skin softening technique involving surface blur, noise and emboss filters.
7. merge in to new layer and move to LAB color space
8. Color correction in LAB using a curves adjustment layer
9. Duplicate layer and change mode to luminosity
10. apply sharpening using unsharp mask filter
11 return to RGB flattening the image
12 change size and save for web and that is it.
I hope you find this useful, this is my workflow and I try to do it in less than 3 minutes by using keyboard shortcuts and knowing how to fix problems easy and fast with adjustment layers and masks.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Orton/Dreamy effect workflow - Help||teddy_90||Photo Retouching||6||05-20-2008 02:31 AM|
|Photo workflow help...||lrphoto||Image Help||8||05-15-2008 08:02 AM|
|Retouching workflow||041567970||Photo Retouching||2||05-15-2008 07:13 AM|
|PS Workflow||MaticK||Input/Output/Workflow||8||03-15-2008 10:57 AM|
|What's Your Workflow?||One4UAll||Input/Output/Workflow||5||02-07-2008 01:09 PM|