Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Find the flaws

Old 11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Re: Find the flaws

i kind of agree that first is better, for one reason - your photography is more important that touching up...sometimes its only the slightest enhancements that make image better, not blowing out shadows - shoot it right the first time. if you were trying to improve , i think you went too far. also, on after image, what that white line above her top lip, its weird. did you sharpen? tisk tisk
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Re: Find the flaws

Ok. instead of writing a lot of words about how the original is better (it is btw i thought hey why not show how far i would have taken it. Yes, it meant adjusting your picture but it was done in the hope of maybe someone actually picking up an idea or two. This site is about teaching and learning (well.. sometimes

So first, disclaimer. This is a VERY fast work. Just done this in an slow hour at work so don't expect it to be any higher works of art. Techniques used are basically Dodge&Burn, Reshaping, Recoloring and some cloning when i wanted to be rough This can all be done more carefully and better given more time.

I enclose the resulting image and the PSD (about 3 megs) can be downloaded through

Attached Images
File Type: jpg befdq0_retouched.jpg (85.1 KB, 29 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching