Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Photo Retouching (Plastic & Realistic)

Old 11-15-2008, 03:20 AM
Photo Retouching (Plastic & Realistic)

I try to make tutorial for retouching - please critique me for better result, thanks.
Tutorial Link here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clickjia original.jpg (54.5 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg clickjiaunrealistic.jpg (62.6 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg clickjiarealistic.jpg (63.0 KB, 263 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 04:59 AM
Re: Photo Retouching (Plastic & Realistic)

to much orange :S
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 05:55 AM

thanks L33t for the critique - I like orange LOL )
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM

tyrandelf, Welcome to RetouchPRO Have a look around and enjoy your stay. Looking forward to seeing some more of your work

Just a few comments:
Your tutorials are long on what should be done but shy on how to do it..

If I knew how to use the clone, heal etc tools and do color corrections and how to use all the other tools and techniques that you mention so casually... then why would I need this tut

I found myself looking at your tutorials as the newbie that I am and saw nothing that would teach me how you got rid of the hair shadow without leaving marks or how to delete the bags under the eyes (Which by the way need some definition under there to look good)
When you defined the eyes and mouth... how you do that?

Maybe this will explain what I mean...:

How to build a sturdy house : you need to arrange and secure the individual pieces of wood using a saw, level, hammer, tape measure etc To finish it off and make it look nice on the inside use Drywall to hide the plumbing and electrical wires.. on the outside use shingles on the roof. To skin the exterior..use siding (with before and after pictures)...

Could you build a house with those instructions?

Finally a pet peeve of mine... invisible bra straps should be invisible (or any bra straps) so take the time to get rid of them! (unless you are advertising invisible bra straps)

In other words look at the whole picture and make sure it is a complete job.

Just my opinion... feel free to disregard!

I will not comment much more on the pictures because each culture has it's own ideas of what constitutes beauty or the ideal photo.. (I like orange too!)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2008, 02:55 AM

Thanks OlBaldy for your critique - I also think about your critique in my mind before I post this tutorial.

For some tutorials I write only in concept because it will be very long if I explain the detail how to do it... the other reason is long explanation about how to do in detail maybe good for beginner but for senior photo retoucher it will be very boring. Anyway I agree with your opinion and I wanna make an explanation part in detail but in different topic because if I make it in one tutorial maybe it will be very long. It will be very long because there are many methods to correct photo, for example we can use clone stamp, healing brush, spot healing brush to remove wrinkles.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching