RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Anyone wanna give these a shot?

Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 AM

Anyone wanna give these a shot?

I have made several attempts myself but still inexperienced. I am in need of these 3 pics being naturally enhanced.... ie, eyes brighter, background blend, probably black and white, color brightened, shadows removed, and smooth any blemishes. Appreciate it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8267.jpg (78.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7625-2.jpg (90.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8241.jpg (103.3 KB, 73 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 AM

Re: Anyone wanna give these a shot?

If give we you fish, you will get fed for today but if we learn you how to fish you will get food for rest of yourlife...

Ask for how to do instead for letting others do the job.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 10:20 AM

Unfortunately I am fishing (at work as we speak for my food-lol). No editing software here otherwise I'd still be trying! The kids need these done by Friday so I am just about at the point of taking them somewhere-lol. I am taking a PhotoShop course next month at our local dark room! Can't wait:o)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM

If you posted a link to the originals and what your willing to pay you would have a nice classified add. Then you could post it down below in the classified's

Nice images that don't need to much work....I'l bet if you offered a resonable rate they would get proabably be done before the day was out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 11:18 AM

AGASPER.

you will find that most people in this forum are more than willing to explain how something should be done as well as guide/encourage any attempts made by others.

You will, however, find that the forum is not the place to get something done for you.

Having said all of that. I took a crack at one of your pictures and this is what I did:

I adjusted slightly the sharpness
I used mild levels to give the picture more "pop"

I applied those changes to one side so you could easily judge the before and after.

Take a crack at your pictures, post your best efforts and you will get all kinds of recommendations/ideas on how to further improve the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGASPER View Post
I have made several attempts myself but still inexperienced. I am in need of these 3 pics being naturally enhanced.... ie, eyes brighter, background blend, probably black and white, color brightened, shadows removed, and smooth any blemishes. Appreciate it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby_half.jpg (87.8 KB, 89 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 AM

Here are my thoughts on the third one. Just a little adjustment in Adobe Camera Raw, then some blemish removal in Photoshop. I like some of the fly aways, but not all of them.

Agasper, you can literally do these in about 5 minutes each if you concentrate on the most effecient work flow. For the color images, use ACR first. Work in the general panel, then jump to the lens correction to add a small vignette. Only use PS to remove the blemishes. The harder image is the b&w and deciding if you want to colorize.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01IMG_8241_copy.jpg (197.5 KB, 66 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 PM

First of all, welcome. The baby was so cute, here is my rendition. Good luck on doing it yourself.

If you have higher resolution images post them off site, and put a link to them here> Also post the pictures here in the lower quality. I say this because if you want high quality output, you need high quality input.

My steps:
  1. Duplicate background
  2. KA- shadow highlight killer (my own) or shadow Highlight adj> shadow @ 21%
  3. KA- Crazy 2 clean @20% (my own sharpening) or your own sharpening and Exposure adj> offset -0.0079
  4. Put everything in a folder then copied the folder and merged it
  5. select kid w/quick selection (Select>Modify>Feather... Radius 5 pixels)
  6. Copy paste
  7. Patched lip to reduce redness and shine (looked chaped before)
  8. Selected the copied folder layer> Lens blur: radius 40, blade curvature 50, rotation 90, brightness 20, threshold 255.
  9. Patched knot dark spot away
  10. Masked the bottom carpet a bit to show sharp

In separate layers on top of everything
  11. Vibrence adj> vibrance +30, saturation +10 (masked out nose) or hue/sat adj> saturation +12 (masked out nose)
  12. Dodge for eye (very little)
  13. Put all the edits in a folder should you can turn it off and on to see the change.

TOTAL TIME: 15min+15 for the write up

I cropped it so you could do it yourself and thought it gave a good look.

Hope this helps
-Keven
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8267--KA.jpg (88.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8267-orig.jpg (61.7 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by igot2pman; 11-19-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: error
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 PM

This was a simple job that one could touch up even in Photoshop elements. Why not invest, if your jobs are all this simple, in the program? Sometimes it even come free with other purchases.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 01:27 PM

I really think those pictures you don't have to do so much... I would like do color adjustment, and sharpening (over sharpen) if this was gonna be printed.

My advice to you is go and visit www.tutorialized.com www.tutorialsgarden.com
You will find enough resources to edit your pictures.

Very good explanation and detailed. You will learn more quickly than you would learn in Photoshop class that you gonna take I think. All you need is willing to learn
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM

Hey I've now got 5 hours into the first image, 3 into the second, and Im just fine tuning the third and am about to start really getting into it. Before I go any further, I just wanted to know if you could give me your address so I can get the invoice rolling and perhaps the method of payment you are going to be using?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching