RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

retouch no blur or healing brush

Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 AM

Re: retouch no blur or healing brush

Kayem,

Its hard to see emotions with type... No harm...Anyway, I like a good challange.

-Keven
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-11-2008, 07:07 AM

D&B is the way to go from my trials...Done right it is wonderful. It would be easy to see how someone thinks it gives poor result's though.

D&B is not for the faint of heart or the non committed. If you like high opacity large brushes and fast results D&B sucks. But if your willing to use 2% opacity and 2 pixal brushes at 400% view for hours on end the result is like no other.

I do not work professionally and I will freely admit...D&B is not for me. I do not have the comittment required to make it look good.

So the question is not does D&B suck...The question is do you have the fortitude to make it work.

I also don't think it takes an artist but rather a practicioner. Anyone can get the results with a little understanding of the method and how to apply it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 PM

Seems to me like Milena has not to tried it for herself first, Or is looking for a 3 minute shortcut for natural looking results.

Depending on what type of look you're interested in sometimes you need to mix techniques in order to get the look you want.
What you also have to take in and what has been mentioned, is that the images you see in magazines not only have the retouch but the work of a group to get the best shot in camera. Good lighting, good model, good MUA, good stylist, Etc. All this makes a great image and retouch is only part of the whole.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2008, 03:29 AM

I agree with many posters. You don´t have to forget the correct way to take your pictures, or the photographer. Our work will be easier if all together works well. I hate people saying: Don´t worry, we can retouch it and they no consider that with little extra minutes working, you can save hours of work.

And yes, I think you need and extra motivation to do D&B. Since I use it, my pictures looks better and with practice, pacience and trying to performance in every steps of the process, I will be faster. If you no pain, ..........

D&B=poor results? What?

Probably the problem is tha we are always in a hurry, cause our clients (and their budget).
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2008, 08:34 AM

Nobody mentioned 'portraiture'. It's a quick and easy way to improve skin texture. I have an example of it on my glamour tutorial p7

http://www.perrush.be/ps_glamour_retouching_07.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2008, 08:44 AM

The reason we didn't mention it is that it in no way whatsoever improve skin texture. It's a combined blur & degrunge filter which looks about as good as any other blurring / degrunging technique. Only thing portraiture has for it is that it saves a few steps if you have no need for the high quality "fashion/beauty" skin but rather just want everything smooth and plastic.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 AM

I was gotten lot of confusion about D & B in the past time. and Now I can say that D & B is very great tool to smooth the skin.

I'm not in oppose of Clone and Heal and Blur. Using all tools together smartly can produce very very good result. I'm attaching a D & B layer I worked today on an face. It is 50% Gray layer on Softlight Mode.

very Important when using D & B :-

1. D & B first pixtel by Pixel
2. Than globally. on whole picture.

Actually It can not be done by one Click. Lots of time, patience and creative eye needs.

Ash
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D&B.jpg (63.1 KB, 101 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2008, 07:56 PM

I haven't done D&B at the pixel level to much, but I have done it on a broader scale. When I'm doing it like that it helps allot to switch between zooms (normally I go from 100% to 50% to 25%) and then do the D&B.
Mostly what I've used D&B is to take care of cellulite, wrinkles in clothing, eye bags, shadows on the face, and wrinkles. Haven't had the patience to do pores yet.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2008, 11:40 PM

John,

Liked your method. Works great and very fast
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 AM

i havent seen much dodge and burn but from what i have heard and seen, i dont like it very much. it might just be because the person doing it didnt take enough time to do it properly or whatever, but i really didnt like it.

and no, i am not looking for an easy 2 minute quick fix, all i am wanting to achieve is the 'magazine make up ad' look (which from what i am reading is begining to look very difficult)

can anyone show me how the 'pore by pore' method is done?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching