RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

plkease I need retouching tonight

Old 12-14-2008, 10:30 AM

Re: plkease I need retouching tonight

Ok first I want to say That I appreciate all the work that everyone did and thanks to those that were trying so hard. Now I realize the pic was horrible I was only trying to get this retouched as a favor because I was too ill with a week long flu to shooot this child the mom needed it for a contest she was putting her baby in and the deadline was Sat. It was not a heirloom pic. nor did I say it was or think it was. I firmly believe that on this forum I have seen some of the best the world has to offer in photography and retouching I do not not put myself in or near or even close to that category but I do provide a service to those who can not afford you high tier nor would you look down your nose high nose and give them the time of day. On this board I have met some very nice people and have recieved a lot of great pointers.I asked for help I recieved it and appreciate it but I do not think that anyone has the right to say mean things to or about any one .Get over yourself there is a need for 8 dollar retouchers and they deserve to be paid for their work as much as you do. I lost everything I own in Katrina my home my cars my business my studio and even my pets and by golly I haven't recieved one bit of help from any one I am striving to get back my life and by golly you should learn to be nice you didn't start out where you are and if you were given talents above and beyond us mere mortals well good for you but as for me I will get mine wth hard work dedication and some bumps along the way.I will not post on here again to ask for help or whatever so that mean spirited people can belittle the work of some good kind caring people Thanks again all and sorry for this persons meanness Pat
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2008, 12:00 PM

I agree lolli!
If your sooo good garibaldi where are yours?
You decided to come in here and start bashing everyones works when this forum is a forum to help people, everyones learns from trials and errors.
This kind of attitude towards people should not be let on the forum and should be receiving a warning!
Lolli please don't let this bother, take care of yourself!

Last edited by ohfrankyboy; 12-14-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
Sorry for the brashness, but if anyone is going to disagree with some legitimate response Im all ears
So you should listen...

Quote:
Are you kidding? No offense, but I see why you only charge $8 a picture.
For one, I did not charge $8 an hour... I charged about $64 an hour. And yes, I could have been mean and said, well if you need it tonight then $250. But no one would have taken you serious. This was not some Hasselblad 50MP image; it was some 4 MP or so camera.

That white one took about 5 min to crop out, then a quick burn to bring out the outfit. As he only wanted the shadow gone I didn’t do much else.

The red one, I have two actions to remove deep shadows and after a quick mask, the shadows were gone. After lifting, I saw a very red cheek, so I desaturated red with mask. Lastly, I brightened the picture a little. Took about 10 min. I left some of the shadow there to add definition.

And why should anyone charge someone $250 an hour when they are not asking for much editing. If they asked for perfect, then maybe

Quote:
Look Im not trying to be a dick or anything, but...If you need sugarcoating well, sorry your not gonna get it from me...wipe your ass with...attention to detail... LOL
I don’t know how many people you hang around. Or what other work you have seen. But if you look at the average retoucher… they suck. I have seen a lot of bad work here and off this site, but I would never tell anyone that what they have done sucked. I would tell them how they could do better. OR SHOW THEM. I would love to learn from you, if you’re willing to share.

-Keven
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2008, 01:59 PM

Overall it looks "dreamy". You a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax View Post
need critique
The whole thing is a bit bright and you could burn or add more contrast to the dress to make the details come out. Also, the face looks a bit flat, some D&B would be good here to bring out the definition.

-Keven
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching