RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

how kan retouch this?

Old 01-10-2009, 04:29 AM

how kan retouch this?

hi guys!
i am a beginner photographer!i made this pics and i tried to retouch it but it is still not ok!could you help me with some tips?
thanks ombretta
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3305.jpg (89.5 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by ombretta; 01-10-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: wrong write
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 06:49 AM

Re: how kan retouch this?

Misschien is het een goed idee eerst de tepels weg te gummen, op dit forum mag er geen naakt worden geupload, ook geen smaakvol Ohja tip, probeer de tinten wat minder geel te maken met colorbalance of met selective color en het is misschien ook een idee om haar buik wat platter te maken? maar dat is een persoonlijke kwestie. Ook lijkt het mij een goed idee om haar gezicht huid wat op te schonen met de healing brush of met de dodge and burn techniek, maar dat laatste wordt gebruikt door pro's dus ik weet niet of je dat al onder de knie hebt. Ook zou ik haar tatoeage verwijderen als dit haalbaar en nodig is.

-----------

Maybe is is it a good idea to cover first that nipple up on this forum they don't appreciate nude, even not in a taste full look. Tip try to make the overall image less yellow with colorbalance or with selectivecolor (in photoshop). Also, you could make her stomach a bit flatter, but that is a personal thing.

Last edited by ruud92; 01-10-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 AM

thanks ruud!
ik heb de tepel verwijderd(ik wist niet dat geen naakt hier mog)
verder ik zal wel iets over die dodge en buren tekniek willen weten..
heb je soms een link?
alvast bedank
gr ombretta
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombretta View Post
thanks ruud!
ik heb de tepel verwijderd(ik wist niet dat geen naakt hier mog)
verder ik zal wel iets over die dodge en buren tekniek willen weten..
heb je soms een link?
alvast bedank
gr ombretta
graag gedaan
Skin Dodge and burn:
(TIP NEVER USE BLUR TO SMOOTH SKIN! NEVER!)

http://nienna1990.deviantart.com/art...rt-1-101369803 PART 1
http://Nienna1990.deviantart.com/art...rt-2-101370039 PART 2

http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=272

Skin tone:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/skin-tone

Hoop dat deze info je kunnen helpen
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 12:13 PM

Can’t tell from the small thumbnail but skin looks soft to begin with, D&B will help couture but I think pore detail is gone.

Color correction is a good choice to start.

Then get rid of the 3 shadows (select subject and delete background). Next time if possible, light the background separate from the subject. And also have the subject step forward from the background if possible.

There seems to be a lot of dead space above her head and to the right (some or most of that can be removed). But of course that depends on what you’re printing this as.

Lastly, it’s up to you but you could liquify her stomach to not pop out so much.

-Hope this helps
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Patron

ombretta, , welcome have fun, learn a lot, join in, any problems just ask , What retouching software do you have? This will help focus the tips to the programs you have available to work with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FAQ: Why can't I post tasteful nudes?
This has nothing to do with prudery. I've gotten emails from schools across America and Canada telling me how valuable a resource RP is for teaching their children. This makes me very proud, and I do not want to betray that trust. In addition, RP has members from countries around the world, and not all of them have the same opinions about what is appropriate. And finally, I don't want RP to become a destination for webrats looking for hot pix.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have your model be at least 5-10 feet in front of the background which as stated before should be lighted separately.. proper lighting and model positioning saves a lot of post work.

I straightened the picture so the model is not slouching
Cropped to get rid of belly
changed background to eliminate shadows
adjusted color
This picture looks very soft or not quite in focus or the camera moved a bit during exposure. Hopefully the higher resolution version is in sharper focus and it should look much better when you work on it..

Added a little tighter crop to show how much cropping is possible while still maintaining the ambiance of the photo

my versions are here and here
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 03:34 PM

OlBaldy,

Very good crop, but looking at that picture up close... not good. Very de-focused.

I would press for a re-shoot if possible. Or I hope for a bad compression and JPEG softening.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot2pman View Post
OlBaldy,

Very good crop, but looking at that picture up close... not good. Very de-focused.

I would press for a re-shoot if possible. Or I hope for a bad compression and JPEG softening.
Thanks, and I agree about a re-shoot! (even if the original is in sharp focus)... I would not mind at all, nor hesitate, in inviting that very pretty model back into the studio for another go at it!

A beginner photographer needs practice cubed.. the more shoots the better.. We all learned by our mistakes and sometimes got some fantastic rewards along the way.

In my post below..I did forget to mention the lighting set up..
for better modeling of the subject the lights should not be of equal power or if that can't be controlled, the fill light should be farther away from the subject than the main.. shadows help shape the form (but shouldn't be on the background unless they are part of the composition)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching