Black and White photo adjustments
sample 1 color.jpg
sample 1 screen shot.jpg
sample 1 adjusted.jpg
Try this technique, you should get something similar to it, each image is different so adjust accordingly.
First, what did I want to achieve.
- black and white
- metallic look
- sharp detail
How I did it:
- open image
- apply a curves adjustment layer (manual adjustment for less contrast)
- apply a high pass filter (layer style vivid light) opacity 65%
- apply a black and white adjustment layer
- smart sharpen to your taste
- final adjustments were
- image>adjustments>shadows and highlights
- in the adjustment window
- shadows 70% amount, 15 % tonal width, radius 30 px
- midtone contrast +30
In the slightly colored image I decreased the black and white adjustment layer to about 85%.
If anyone would like the PSD file let me know.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tutorial 05: Converting a Color Image to Black and White grayscale BW||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art 101||17||05-22-2011 04:55 PM|
|Gimp black and white conversions||edgon||Image Help||5||06-26-2009 03:44 PM|
|Opinions on a Black and White Technique||AFrazier||Critiques||18||04-16-2008 06:02 PM|
|Sunspots in a black and white||sage150||Photo Retouching||6||03-26-2008 08:54 PM|
|60 year old color or black and white photo||Gerald McClaren||Photo Restoration||4||11-22-2007 12:44 AM|