RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Pageant Retouched Photo

Old 07-08-2009, 06:10 AM

Re: Pageant Retouched Photo

The saddest thread on retouchpro.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
The saddest thread on retouchpro.
yeah well its still retouch and there are retouchers getting payed for this, it may seem sad to you but its business to others as well as some enjoying the retouch work
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2009, 02:21 PM

Ah, yes. The Crazy Doll Lady effect.

I'm seriously hoping the OP is after a better edit then the first "retouched" (or should I say painted?) sample provided in the first post...

The second link provides some better examples, although the "Natural" section still is anything but IMO.

On how to: Whiten eyes and teeth too much, paint a catchlight into the eyes, sharpen and / or paint the eyes / eyelashes, blur the skin.

Last edited by ReneDamkot; 07-08-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 AM

Question Re: Pageant Retouched Photo

I am wanting to do this too, with our some of our daughters pictures....mostly natural pageants, but I think it'd be kind of cool just to see what they would look like done glitzy...lol Is there a website that I could go to and learn the "steps"? I have Adobe Photoshop CS3 that I'm VERY new at it. I can't seem to get any pictures to open up....can someone help me?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinkenmommy View Post
I am wanting to do this too, with our some of our daughters pictures....mostly natural pageants, but I think it'd be kind of cool just to see what they would look like done glitzy...lol Is there a website that I could go to and learn the "steps"? I have Adobe Photoshop CS3 that I'm VERY new at it. I can't seem to get any pictures to open up....can someone help me?
Get someone who knows what they're doing to do it and go brush your daughter's hair.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolli View Post
I think it is funny when people who retouch for a living and create caricatures of mostly women in an industry (beauty) that thinks bodies need be perfect have a problem with pageant pictures ----- I find few purists that retouch.
I think you are an idiot and...

An I think this should be I L E G A L

The models I RETOUCH are GROWN WOMAN that can make their own choices, this is a KID, an innocent child transformed and deformed to extremity.

How can you compare something done to an adult with something done to a child????

Pageant is one of the MANY things WRONG.... and then they want to put a disclaimer on photoshoped images?

Make this woman have brain surgery !! Or at least Therapy!!

Someone tell her (AND ALL THE OTHERS) she is teaching her daughter she should be plastic like beautifull
Tell her she is telling her daughter she doesn't like the way she is 'naturally' and that's why she applies make up on her little face and retouches her pictures to insanity!!

OMG OMG OMG
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2009, 08:27 AM

OMG

yup, needed one more post!

x
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Smith View Post
Get someone who knows what they're doing to do it and go brush your daughter's hair.
wow that's a nice greeting on a forum about retouch and learning....

Don't like what she asked you don't have to be mean about it....
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2009, 03:22 PM

Angry Re: Pageant Retouched Photo

Yeah, those who judge....I asked about retouching, not your OPINION about retouching...this is a retouching forum, not a forum about your feelings...please consult a therapist about your opinions and feelings, not ones looking for advise on retouching photographs....would it have been different if I wanted to retouch a photo of my dog or house?! Too many biased people in this thread...WOW!! If you didn't have an actual answer to my question (aka a FREAKIN' CLUE), admit that you don't and leave all the other comments out...sheesh...if you would have read my thread better, it stated that I wanted to see what she'd look like with it done (thought it'd be funny)...we don't compete in Glitz Pageants...only natural and have only done a couple...you may want to re-evaluate your life before you starting judging others!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 AM

I too will be trying to learn this...I am a photographer and it will come in handy knowing how to do this...would i do it to my daughter if i had one....well that doesnt matter...its a skill photographers/editors would get paid for! so i need to know how to do it to broaden my skills.

for everyone bashing it....this is a retouch forum....for learning skills...not talkin about why we want the skills or if its ethically correct....
and let me say just one more thing... i have a friend who has a daughter that does pageants, and she knows "getting dressed up" and glitzed is fake, but its fun and she loves it and she knows thats not really what she looks like, its halloween to her...people CAN make it ok and not brainwash the kids into thinkin...look like this or u'll fail at life, so its all about how u parent....the glitz photos doesnt make u a bad parent or taint your kids in my opinion, its how u handle it!!!!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching