RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Pageant Retouched Photo

Old 08-19-2009, 08:06 AM

Re: Pageant Retouched Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinkenmommy View Post
..sheesh...if you would have read my thread better, it stated that I wanted to see what she'd look like with it done (thought it'd be funny)...we don't compete in Glitz Pageants...only natural and have only done a couple...you may want to re-evaluate your life before you starting judging others!
I re read it and u said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra View Post
but my daughter has just recently started doing the higher level pageants and we're in need of a glitz pageant photo.
And how I'd like to TRY to make them look..
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...llard_pink.jpg
http://www.bellevisagephotography.co...hotography.htm
So I stand by my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picsbysamm View Post
for everyone bashing it....this is a retouch forum....for learning skills...not talkin about why we want the skills or if its ethically correct....
and let me say just one more thing... i have a friend who has a daughter that does pageants, and she knows "getting dressed up" and glitzed is fake, but its fun and she loves it and she knows thats not really what she looks like, its halloween to her...people CAN make it ok and not brainwash the kids into thinkin...look like this or u'll fail at life, so its all about how u parent....the glitz photos doesnt make u a bad parent or taint your kids in my opinion, its how u handle it!!!!!!
Like u express your opinion, I express mine.

And I wouldn't comment on a thread about something I simply disagree on, but someone called retouchers who think this is sick hypocrites - I'm one of them and I don't see my self as a hypocrite so I stated my point of view, like u stated yours... so it's only OK to post your opinion if you agree with the OP? REALLY missing your point.

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM

wasnt directed soley at you, just stating my opinion as well....and my point being in MY OPINION, i dont think this is a sick thing...its fun for the kids ...the kids who's parents don't let it get to their heads and "parent" their children correctly.......meanin its just a FUN pic, they dont expect u to look like this..but this is an editing forum..not parenting..so i wont go into it...my point was just to express my opinion towards pageant moms and people that edit these pics for their kids, family friends, that not everyone thinks it's sick.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 AM

Whether or not it's bad for the kids; I honestly don't know... As long as they're having fun, why not?
My main problem is that a lot of that retouching is done so very, vary bad...
The kids go "plastic" (if they're lucky )

IMO: If you want a painting, ask a painter
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picsbysamm View Post
wasnt directed soley at you, just stating my opinion as well....and my point being in MY OPINION, i dont think this is a sick thing...its fun for the kids ...the kids who's parents don't let it get to their heads and "parent" their children correctly.......meanin its just a FUN pic, they dont expect u to look like this..but this is an editing forum..not parenting..so i wont go into it...my point was just to express my opinion towards pageant moms and people that edit these pics for their kids, family friends, that not everyone thinks it's sick.
It's not quite a matter of opinion, statistics TALK

Kids are forced into perfection. They are minors, so their parents or legal guardians are suppose to make the decision for them in order for their own betterment.

A lot of these children develop a negative image of themselves, despite how truly beautiful they are.
That plus eating disorders and promiscuity are often developed in the child’s later years due to the constant emphasis on their physical attributes, leading them to believe that that is the way they can get somewhere in life.

I'm sory if I insulted someone but talk with pediatricians or pedagogues and find ONE (who isn't in the pagent business) who thinks it's GOOD for the children involved and I WILL SHUT IT

x

PS: The retouching in these images also makes me sick but for a whole other set of reasons that have more to do with quality
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 01:27 PM

Godmother...that was NOT my quote! Sorry to disappoint, but that was another persons quote! Again, we don't care how or why you feel the way you do, we are all here to LEARN how to do something, not be judged for wanting to do it and/or why we want to....this is a forum for HELPING OTHERS not JUDGING OTHERS! If you don't care to help, why do you insist on commenting and feeling like YOUR OPINION is the only one that's right?! I DO NOT put our daughter in Glitz pageants....she's in NATURAL pageants I just said it'd be neat to SEE how she'd look...heck, I'd even do it with a picture of me, just to see what it'd look like...sheesh
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinkenmommy View Post
Godmother...that was NOT my quote! Sorry to disappoint, but that was another persons quote! Again, we don't care how or why you feel the way you do, we are all here to LEARN how to do something, not be judged for wanting to do it and/or why we want to....this is a forum for HELPING OTHERS not JUDGING OTHERS! If you don't care to help, why do you insist on commenting and feeling like YOUR OPINION is the only one that's right?! I DO NOT put our daughter in Glitz pageants....she's in NATURAL pageants I just said it'd be neat to SEE how she'd look...heck, I'd even do it with a picture of me, just to see what it'd look like...sheesh
ok...

1-u said:
Quote:
..sheesh...if you would have read my thread better
So I thought this was your thread, didn't notice the different names

If u're not the OP then my comment was not directed at you, at ALL but to the OP

I have nothing against Natural pageants

or at least I can accept them better

And if you want to see how she looks like for fun , I have nothing against that either... I was only talking about ppl entering those contest and putting children trough that (Like the OP)

I had you and he OP mixed up, sorry about that

but yes... I do think Glitz pageants are sick, retouch done for Glitz pageants is sick and... no, I don't think there's ANY OTHER way to look at Glitz pageants - I really don't think it's a matter of opinion either (Like I explained earlier)

AND AGAIN - I only expressed my opinion because I thought it was ridiculous where the thread was going, comparing fashion and beauty retouch to Glitz pageants!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2009, 08:46 PM

Pageants aren't all bad as long as the child wants to do them and is well prepared for it. It can build self esteem as well as tear it down, it's a fine line, but you have to leave it up to the child and make sure she is guilt free from your emotions. With that said, it looks like the photo has lots of layers, makeup added, surface blur, hue/saturation tweaks, lighting effects, eyelashes added using eyelash brush plugins (i got mine from deviantart.com). It's really really fake. And children naturally have soft smooth skin, it's a tragedy that pageant officials don't note that when looking at pictures and judging.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 PM

I took a quick go at it. She is so pretty, i almost felt bad making her into a plastic image. I think I brightened her up a little much.
The other little girl had an insane hairstyle for a little kid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (51.2 KB, 103 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Question Re: Pageant Retouched Photo

These are the pictures that I'm wanting to touch up....any advice on how I can do it?

I'd love to make one of them look like a baby doll (fake, glitzy pageant like) just for the heck of it but I have no idea how. My goal for all of them is a natural, uncluttered look....these are just shots that I took myself and wanted something "unique" behind....I have Photoshop CS3 and know how to change backgrounds, but when it comes to "fixing" facial/body flaws, I have no clue how to do that. These were all shot with a Canon EOS XTi Digital camera, so the quality is good, but I have am just learning the airbrushing and editing techniques!

Any advice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caels Close Up Pink Backdrop.jpg (46.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Caels Surprise.jpg (40.0 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2009, 04:24 PM

First of all they probably have on High Definition Foundation and makeup. And their hair styled, usually with some kind of a curl.
You have a good camera, so the next thing i'd say would be to have a good light source.
you will learn alot on this forum, i've been here only a day and have already learned some new tricks.
I found these sites very informative on different techniques used in beauty retouching as well....

http://designreviver.com/tutorials/5...hop-tutorials/

http://garmahis.com/tutorials/sexy-photoshop-tutorials/
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching