RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

John parker style

Old 03-08-2009, 04:27 AM

John parker style

Hi all
well... this is my first post on retouch pro, hope you could help me. I was wondering do you have an idea how to achieve john parker's illustration-like photograph retouching techniques? Uou can check the attached examples.

and check his website here: http://www.johnparker.biz/

thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (82.9 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-3.jpg (90.9 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-4.jpg (31.1 KB, 238 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 04:40 AM

Re: John parker style

HI and welcome to retouchpro

sorry but no help at all here just wanted to say thank you for the link some interesting work there, Pity the site was so slow to load the images, I gave up waiting ! !

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 06:21 AM

Sorry I can not help you either
Great site fresh approach ,I actually did not find the sight slow
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 AM

Nothing Fresh at all ,
She just Copied another photographers style thatcshoot the same with kids.
ALthough it is nice, She has obviuosly copied to the "T" another photographer
which I will post here soon..
Snook

Check out this girl. She was doing way before!

http://www.lorettalux.de/
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snook305 View Post
Nothing Fresh at all ,
She just Copied another photographers style thatcshoot the same with kids.
ALthough it is nice, She has obviuosly copied to the "T" another photographer
which I will post here soon..
Snook

Check out this girl. She was doing way before!

http://www.lorettalux.de/
i can see similarity in composition but john parker's photos are more saturated and contrasty than loretta's work.

i like your work, snook!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 AM

So what is the problem with all these techniques those are copied from others, even little different but almost same look, it is like i copy someone technique here but i tweak it little bit so then others will think it is my own technique or new one or unique or whatever, so should we all look at all those great photographers/retouchers before us and we try to create new techniques out of their techniques?

I feel that i will see many many techniques in this website then we will find that it is almost done before but maybe little bit different and the worse if it will remain the same.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 AM

amazing works.. thanks guys for sharing these sites
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tareq View Post
So what is the problem with all these techniques those are copied from others, even little different but almost same look, it is like i copy someone technique here but i tweak it little bit so then others will think it is my own technique or new one or unique or whatever, so should we all look at all those great photographers/retouchers before us and we try to create new techniques out of their techniques?

I feel that i will see many many techniques in this website then we will find that it is almost done before but maybe little bit different and the worse if it will remain the same.
When you work really hard to make s=your style stand out from others then others come a long an copy it. Yes it maybe flattering, But If someone is trying to take credit for a style they have copied...?
I agree with you that everything as been "done" to some extent, but when you have a style that is pretty much copying anothers... Your copying period.
No one disagrees that you may use their same technique of either lighting,Tone,texture,composition, But alteast apply it to another style or concept. Shooting the kids at a table with utensils and making them look a little "surreal" is Loretta Lux and always will be...:+}
If the guys used Animals, Dead fish or really old people for example...
The next series will probably have drums from him.
To me it is copying period as it has almost the same subject matter and composition as many others copying loretta lux..

Just like Dave Hill... How many people in here going to shoot Hip Hop stars and or upcoming musicians and then use that same effect and try to say it is "their" style...:+]
It should be more about what is the next "look" you can come up with, Which is really hard no doubt.
You'll be laughed out of that market for sure...

You probably won't understand what I am talking about though.

Snook
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snook305 View Post
When you work really hard to make s=your style stand out from others then others come a long an copy it. Yes it maybe flattering, But If someone is trying to take credit for a style they have copied...?
I agree with you that everything as been "done" to some extent, but when you have a style that is pretty much copying anothers... Your copying period.
No one disagrees that you may use their same technique of either lighting,Tone,texture,composition, But alteast apply it to another style or concept. Shooting the kids at a table with utensils and making them look a little "surreal" is Loretta Lux and always will be...:+}
If the guys used Animals, Dead fish or really old people for example...
The next series will probably have drums from him.
To me it is copying period as it has almost the same subject matter and composition as many others copying loretta lux..

Just like Dave Hill... How many people in here going to shoot Hip Hop stars and or upcoming musicians and then use that same effect and try to say it is "their" style...:+]
It should be more about what is the next "look" you can come up with, Which is really hard no doubt.
You'll be laughed out of that market for sure...

You probably won't understand what I am talking about though.

Snook
you are right, i didn't understand what you are talking about, but i think i got the point.
In all cases, it is either i have to work on my own style without looking at others styles so then i can tell people that i never saw others styles to copy, or i have to copy one style on different way that others even the original style producer can't know how i did then to name it to me, but both will take long long time if i really need to have different new style for a reason, but until now speaking of myself alone i am a photographer not a true photoshopper or retoucher.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2009, 10:51 AM

Loretta and John Parkers images do not look the same. They both share something in common, an "unreal" look, but then again, ALOT of photographers and retouchers have that look to their images. Quit worrying about who copied who because no matter how much you bitch about it, none of us are doing anything that has not been done before. Everything is learned and repeated.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching