RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How to GLITZ photos

Old 03-09-2009, 01:21 PM

How to GLITZ photos

Hello all I have been asked to try a GLITZ photo for a pageant mom. I googled it and found a few photos that look a bit over the top PP and fake to me. I have learned most of my photoshop skills from you tube and sites like retouchpro. To make a GLITZ photo looks complicated and long process. Does any one know of a good tutorial do do this kind of work?

Thanks
Donn
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Re: How to GLITZ photos

Check out the below threads.

Pageant Retouched Photo

Beauty Retouching Help

Can someone please help me??

-Keven
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2009, 09:46 PM

I teach High End Glamour Retouching Techniques Live and On-Line...I have several of Pageant Clients. I dont do it for free...but the insider tips and workflows I could give you on Glamour Retouching would enable you to take an average image and make it very glamorous.

There are specific aspects of a photo that make it appear glamorous such as... a focus on the eyes, the application of eyeliners and eye lashes, glossy lips and facial contouring that can help create that glamour look.

I use "The New York Style of Retouching" techniques which is a non destructive process that is totally transparent and infinitely adjustable so you can get anything from a natural look to an idealized look or anything in between.

I could teach you the process and workflows in an hour on-line...then you would have it under your belt and be able to use it with any image.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2009, 10:50 PM

meh, that looks scary. I'm thinking you could get away with doing some degrunge and then add bluring on an extra layer set so soft light, all masked ofcourse. That would take care of most of the skin problems. The eye whites have to be painted (from what I saw in some of the photos) Look for eyelash and eyebrow brushes for photoshop that will make your work easier.
The addition of catch lights is a must from what I'm seeing in the photos, there is also adding of texture in some photos to exagerate the iris.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 PM

For a glitz photogenic the pictures are not supposed to look natural. There is no way around this. There are a few people out there who are very good at this type of look and they would not tell you how if you paid them. The h&m are incredibly important. I take pretty pictures but I take my daughter to the experts to get these done. Sometimes you can get a break on them , my daughter just had a two look shoot for $250, and prints will be a bit under 200 each retouched. I held out for 7 years on getting these done, and I finally broke down after being asked at least once a week for 7 years for these . No matter what your OPINION is on this type of work , it is necessary to win. I have posted a link to the proofs so you can see what they start with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIGN-5OqfN4
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2011, 02:28 AM

I was wondering if you could type the instructions in order for one to follw for a high glitz photo also could you explain the orcelain skin and glass eyes as well the perfect lips and fixing the hair.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2011, 02:30 AM

this post was meant for ray12 but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-16-2012, 06:44 PM

how much do you charge to teach the glitz retouching techniques? thank you
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-16-2012, 07:04 PM

Im not certain what the commercial guidelines are here lately...you could certainly Personal Message me here and we could chat off-line.

The rates we charge for teaching step by step retouching with Photoshop CS3-CS5 are highly reasonable...and there is on-line personal followup in case you need help or if you forget something. We can even record the sessions so you always have a copy of what you learned.

This is an older thread. This glitz genre is still valued by a good number of people who specifically enjoy the look. Its highly stylized... and it does have distinguishing characteristics.

Ray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching