RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

New here & to Photoshop

Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 AM

Question New here & to Photoshop

Hello everyone

I thankfully found this site and am hoping I can get some much needed help. I am really, really new with photo editing/retouching, as well as Photoshop. I've learned quite a bit on my own and through tuts and such, but I really need some help with a photo I have been struggling with for about a week now. This is a very important picture to me and everything about me came out wrong (angle, eyes, etc). So, I've been trying to use another photo from the same night to take my head from and use in this important pic. I feel the lighting and everything works well for being able to achieve this, but I just can't seem to get much further than what I've gotten in this past week.

I've loaded everything up to my server since they are large files. I need them to remain in the original size. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Here is the best I've been able to achieve, but you can see the ends of the hair are cut off and I don't know how to make the right side of my hair (by his hand) blended in, and I'm sure you can see other things that aren't quite right.
http://www.omnamaste.com/test2.psd

This is the head I cut out of another pic.http://www.omnamaste.com/headcut.psd

This is the full body of myself that I cut from another pic.
http://www.omnamaste.com/bodycut.psd

And, finally, this is the full picture I have been using to swap my head.
http://www.omnamaste.com/headpic.jpg

I think I've done well considering how new I am at this, but with this being very important to me, and the person with me, I'd like to get it looking much better.

Thank you so very much!

Izy
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 AM

Re: New here & to Photoshop

Any suggestions, advice...anything? I'm not asking anyone to do the work for me, I just need some help on what to do, or where to go next and how to achieve a better result.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-15-2009, 07:40 AM

Re: New here & to Photoshop

Izy,

first of all welcome!.

I would recommend a couple of things:

Take a look at the tutorial section. It has a variety of things in there that might help you getting started.

It will also help if you posted the images instead of linking to them. Members will be more inclined to pay attention to what you are asking.
Also, remotely saved images may come and go, however here, images posted are always available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izy View Post
Any suggestions, advice...anything? I'm not asking anyone to do the work for me, I just need some help on what to do, or where to go next and how to achieve a better result.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching