RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

adam elmakias

Old 01-28-2010, 09:48 PM

Re: adam elmakias

I cant wait until this look falls flat on its face and dies. All of these pictures look the same. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit again
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 AM

I do like this look with some images. . Joe McNally has an awsome pic using this technique. But it's really more about the/your "vision" and the technique is used to help mold that "vision" which some do really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
I cant wait until this look falls flat on its face and dies. All of these pictures look the same. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit again
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 PM

Aww, I must have missed the "About Me" page.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2010, 11:49 PM

Hey Guys, Adam here

Figured I would try to do a little bit of damage control here

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizo View Post
Whoa. There's self-promotion then there's that.

My apologies on the old bio, my manager at the time had written it to get me jobs, It wasn't really my call and I think I was 17 or 18 when he originally wrote it. I am a pretty simple person and the last thing I would want you to think is that I am full of myself, but I totally understand the assumption, I even felt bad about it. Sorry about that!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenW View Post
im slooow to the uptake.. but i know this guy.. until he moved to cali he was my biggest competition here in WI...

He's got his head soo far up his butt its not even funny >.<
He's not good enough to be selling "his own" dvd.. i edit with alot of the same techniques, that i learned from him before he became a bigshot and was actually still nice.. and you dont see me trying to sell a dvd of that stuff.

If you are gonna spend the money, get the Joey L one.. thats where both he and i learned most of our techniques.

Well, to start off, I am adam, nice to meet you. I don't think we have ever met, and if we have well hello again.

Yes, my own dvd. I made it in my basement during the winter in wisconsin which I am sure you know is nearly impossible to shoot in. I came up with all the content on the dvd while I was locked up in a psych ward for two weeks. A lot of the techniques, like any technique are rehashed and revamped techniques of other photographers/ designers that I have worked with and learned from in the past. One is Joey L. He is hands down one of the nicest guys I have learned from and helped me out a lot when I was 16.

I would never try to argue for someones money, my reasoning behind the dvd was that I was receiving emails with questions similar to this thread, and I simply didn't have enough time to go as in depth as I would have liked to with each person, so I made a dvd. It is very DIY as I know nothing about DVD production, but it definitely gets my points across and I felt that was the important part. I put a lot of time into it and had a blast making it. My goal was never to really sell many of them, just have it available if anyone need it!

Sorry for any confusion or any assumed "head up my butt-ness" because of my efforts. I never became a big shot, in fact I still can't afford a bike. I am just trying to have a good time, as I hope you do is well.

Best of luck in WI, it's a cold one out there.

edit: just reread my post, and to avoid further personal attacks- i seldom post online outside of my blog merely because I can never successfully get my point across. The tones are always off, so the tone for this was supposed to be serious and friendly, not sarcastic or anything of the sort. Hope this all helps

cheers

Last edited by markd; 03-08-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Aww, I must have missed the "About Me" page.

I wish I still had it laying around, searched my e-mail but I must have deleted it. It was a good laugh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenW View Post
im slooow to the uptake.. but i know this guy.. until he moved to cali he was my biggest competition here in WI...

He's got his head soo far up his butt its not even funny >.<
He's not good enough to be selling "his own" dvd.. i edit with alot of the same techniques, that i learned from him before he became a bigshot and was actually still nice.. and you dont see me trying to sell a dvd of that stuff.

If you are gonna spend the money, get the Joey L one.. thats where both he and i learned most of our techniques.

I have no problem with people not liking my work, thats okay. Thats the fun part with this stuff, you can like and hate whatever you want. Its the personal attacks I have a problem with, so please, don't go there. We don't need it, we are just one community trying to have a good time and share our experiences with each other.

Feel free to e-mail me with anything, I always answer.

best of luck with you endeavors.

much love
ae
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2010, 09:09 AM

Haha, awesome entrance. Welcome, Adam. Stick around.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markd View Post
i know i already have spoken to you about this adam, but i'd like to make another formal apology here.
I have no ill will against you.. I'm actually a big fan of your stuff, fairly jealous to some extent
I just got the internet again recently after not having it since about christmas, and i've discovered that a former colleague and someone i thought was a friend of mine hacked into my email and multiple web accounts of mine while i was without internet. They have been saying nasty things on boards and sending rude messages to clients and friends.
I sincerely apologize for what was said by this person!
And while i have never had the privilege of working with you, i do hope to as some point in some setting
Lauren
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 PM

This guy seems spot on to me. He certainly took the "Welcome to RP, here's your lashing" introduction better than some other dvd authors who make an occasional appearance around here!

Adam, I'd have a beer with you anytime (unless you aren't old enough, in which case I would offer ya a mean Shirley Temple).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching