Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Lemon Aid??

Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Lemon Aid??

Excuse the pun.

So here's a recent shoot I did, I think this is some of the best retouching I've ever done.

Love to hear comments/crits/pointers/things I overlooked, etc. All pointers welcome since I'm gonna get more into beauty photography.

The hand is from a completely different frame (obviously. I'm not that good haha)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chelse3b.jpg (82.6 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg chelse3c.jpg (88.9 KB, 144 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Re: Lemon Aid??

Hi transoptic. I am not a pro so take what you want for what it's worth. I like the hand in the first frame better because in the second it's too big, too much of the focus. The entire image seems to be in the same focus with the same detail so my eyes were not drawn to a specific area. The inside of the mouth has better color in the first image and the teeth and inner gums have an unnatural look in the second image, the hues are just wrong and you could have left a little color in the teeth and maybe just dodged them a bit, however it does seem that you could take out some of the yellow tarter right at the base of the teeth on the inside of the mouth. The eye teeth are blown in both images. It seems to me you went a little far in smoothing the skin in a ring around the mouth and up to the nose. Last, totally subjective, the nose just bothers me, nothing you did at all just the angle.
Great shot, to my mind nice lighting, great idea, love the juice drop. I'm just being really picky in an effort to let you know what an average Joe might see.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 PM

I'm with crazyfly on the teeth. I keep looking at them I guess you don't really look at teeth at that angle for any amount of time its really odd I love it , the colour could be less yellow on them though agreed. I'm seeing detail on the eye teeth though perhaps its time for my monitor calibration again. The only other thing is the level of smoothness of the cheek as compared to the nose. I think equal it up get rid of the pores just under the nose. I'm no expert either but I think the lighting is awesome and the idea is great too, its swell!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM

i am sorry but my eyes go straight to the teeth--aesthetically very unpleasing in my opinion. it's best not to show the molars from this angle.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2009, 06:12 PM

Yeah I think the replaced hand could have been done a little more clean.

No smoothing was done other than Noise Ninja and D/B. But perhaps I should learn how to replace skin texture.

Any pointers on doing that? I saw the thread covering "orange peel texture" but that didn't seem to answer anything.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching