RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Pageant Photo Help PLZ!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 AM

Re: Pageant Photo Help PLZ!

The irony is, the glitz photos are for the so-called 'photogenic' part of the pageant. To me, if it's suppose to be about how photogenic someone is, they wouldn't allow any retouching.

Here's one I recently did for someone, and it's still not fake enough for the judges. See comment #28 http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...hed-photo.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcole View Post
The irony is, the glitz photos are for the so-called 'photogenic' part of the pageant. To me, if it's suppose to be about how photogenic someone is, they wouldn't allow any retouching.

Here's one I recently did for someone, and it's still not fake enough for the judges. See comment #28 http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...hed-photo.html
That one still kind of resembles a photograph after the retouch (one of the better ones in my opinion). When they look like dolls, it makes my skin crawl. Not looking to debate the issue, its just my opinion that I do not care for retouching children in such a way.

Children are beautiful just as they are and I won't do anything to make my children think anything differently. If I photoshop my daughter, it's to put her on the back of a dolphin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
what is the big thing about pageant photos, I mean, to each his own, but seriously I wonder how people look at them and say "yeah, thats what Im talking about"

Its just my opinion, but they look awfully cheesy. maybe its becasue Im from NJ and that sort of thing is hot out in cow tipping country where Budweiser is considered a fine spirit and you aint a baller unless you have a pickup truck and youre jealous of your neighbors new double wide lol
I am from south Jersey originally and you are describing the neighborhood I grew up in, and I am proud of it , far better than being all cramped up in the city like I am now. I am going to give you a link to a pageant photographer, and a link to my daughters proofs from this pageant photographer to show you what you need to begin the process correctly with. Sometimes you just have to pay for it. I held out for 7 years before we finally got these mainly because I did not want to pay. This was a big mistake looking back.
here are the proofs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIGN-5OqfN4

here is the photographers website

http://www.myspace.com/kapturekashay
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2009, 03:32 PM

My point excactly. Nuff said
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2009, 03:25 PM

talk about reviving a dead thread... I'll help as well.

To hot shots, as I said in my original post, the retouch consists of a liberal use of different techniques and although not anyone can do it, if you know the techniques I listed you could certainly could...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching