Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Graphic Tablet

Old 04-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Graphic Tablet

First off, alright guy's its my first post. I find using my mouse easy enough but i was considering getting a graphic tablet. Can anyone recommend a cheap one for me to start off with.

Dose anyone know where i can find a good place to get decent photos that need retouching.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Re: Graphic Tablet

save up and switch to wacom tablet, there's no point doing any retouching work professionally with a mouse. it's much faster, gives you much more freedom and precision.

you can approach photographers directly and ask them to do some free retouching for them in exchange for using that work for your portfolio. this is what i did when i was starting and some of those photographers turned into clients later. of course, you need to be able to show them your style and what you can do first, so you have to have few good quality retouched images done to email them if you want well shot, good quality images to work on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-17-2009, 03:11 AM

I would recommend getting a Wacom if you want to buy a graphics tablet. You can find one of the older models a lot cheaper than the newer ones if you browse the net, e-bay etc., depending on how much you want to invest.

I had an Adesso before and it worked fine, but after getting the wacom(mine's an older intuos) I could tell the difference, this one's much easier to work with.

Good luck with finding the right tablet!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-17-2009, 06:44 AM

Well from what I've seen the Wacom bamboo fun is the basic model, look at the features and sizes, then decide which is best for you.

I agree with Sinisa, approach photographers and explain what you're interested in doing you can also look in this forum, there are some that have left files for one to play with.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching