|Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.|
| ||Thread Tools|
Faux LOMO Effect Preset
I've made a pair of presets for giving photos a LOMO effect. One for Lightroom 2 and the other for Adobe Camera Raw 5.
Lightroom 2 Preset
ACR 5 Preset
This is a rather sophisticated preset. Youu should start with your basic adjustments o white balance, color, and tone. For faux LOMO effects, Auto will often work ell, although in this case I used the "Daylight" white balance setting. I also increased Blacks a touch to emphasize detail in the wood and the waves.
If you're curious about all the steps in this preset, here's a quick listing:
• Clarity is boosted to emphasize detail
• Vibrance is boosted to increase saturation of less saturated colors
• Saturation is reduced overall
• Strong parametric tone curve is applied to boost contrast and burn out highlights
• Moderate sharpening effect is applied to emphasize detail
• Split tone is applied to simulate film cross-processing
• Moderate vignette is added
You can adjust any/all of the effects to suit your own artistic judgment.
These are free downloads! Enjoy!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Adding A More Realistic Film Grain Effect||gmitchel||Software||14||08-15-2013 06:57 AM|
|Faux Fog Effect||Doug Nelson||Scratch Pad||8||06-22-2012 01:32 PM|
|Vibrance Effect for CS4 and pre-CS4||gmitchel||Photo Retouching||3||01-29-2009 05:12 PM|
|Realistic Aged Photo Effect?||gmitchel||Photo Retouching||13||12-12-2008 07:41 PM|
|Lomo Preset for Lightroom 2||gmitchel||Photo Retouching||1||12-09-2008 04:21 PM|