RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Help me look thinner

Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Re: Help me look thinner

First of all, you and your guy make a very handsome couple . I did try to use a little different approach. Though I knew you were trying to look thinner, you still want to look like yourself. The first thing I wanted to do was omit as much of the picture that really did not need to be there... and since the square format is gaining popularity, I cropped as much as I thought was appropriate which eliminated the forward arm situation. You have beautiful eyes, nose and smile, so I wanted to work around your great features. I used liquify to add heighth and width to your hair / I used clone to add hair to the left side of your face and neck / I used patch to remove some of the double chin effect and the under eye effect / I used the dodge tool to lighten and give you that twinkle in your eyes / and I gave you added eyelashes which further brings out your great eyes. I also did a little work on the entire picture as much of it was what they refer to as "hot". I may continue to tweek just a bit to satisfy my likings.... but I hope I was able to help. If the picture did not show up, you may email me at FriendOMyn@aol.com and I will send you a copy.

Last edited by RJS1121; 05-14-2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: mistake in working
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM

I do see that my image did not show up.... and since this was my first post, I might need some advice as to how to add a thumbnail or image to my message.... Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS1121 View Post
I do see that my image did not show up.... and since this was my first post, I might need some advice as to how to add a thumbnail or image to my message.... Thanks.
Welcome to RetouchPRO

***~~POSTING~~~***
You can post a fairly large pictures which is under 100k using the save for web function in Photoshop as described here:
Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)
This may also help some... How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads?(Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image on your own site or elsewhere and attach a link, but also please attach an under 100K version here (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).
Alternative Image Hosts if you do not have your own site are: ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) or pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) or photobucket.com (1 Meg max free,... 5 Meg PRO) or mediafire.com (100 Meg per file) ... then post a link here in the thread to the site that is hosting your larger image.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2009, 06:10 PM

I ran this photo through Photo Professional Max. (you can lose 15 pounds or more just at the default level)
I reopened in Photoshop, clone stamped some curls over the wrinkles on the neck. Created duplicate layer and did a little more clone stamping (my effect of choice) to the deep wrinkles under the neck and set the layer opacity to 90%.
Hope you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thinner_jlg.jpg (72.2 KB, 108 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2009, 06:12 PM

Sorry, just did the face...I forgot about the arm. I'll try again later.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Well, I think you're beautiful the way you are!! But here's what I did anyway:

1. I made 2 photoshop layers, both with your original photo on them.
2. On the first layer, I used the liquify tool to make your arm look thinner. I used a large brush because when you use a smaller brush it tends to make it harder to get the object to look smooth.
3. After that, since part of your husband(?)'s shirt was all smudgy from liquifying it, I put the original copy of your photo under the one I was editing, and used the eraser tool on the second copy to erase the part of his shirt that was smudged, so it was clear again.
4. Then I selected the other side of his collar area, copied it, flipped it, and pasted it over where your arm was, and just erased away certain parts to make it all blend together better. (Sorry if that's kind of confusing. :\)
5. For just a little final touch, I added a small shadow behind the part of your arm that was photoshopped, just to make it look consistent with the rest of the original photo. It's barely noticeable now but it does make a slight difference!

Then, for your face, I basically just used the clone-stamp tool (with a 40% opacity!!) to stamp your skin color over the wrinkles in your chin, just so that it'd lighten them a little bit. Then, I selected the curly part of your hair, copied and pasted it as a new layer and moved it closer to your chin, and erased away various parts of it so it'd blend in with the rest of your hair.

Anyway, I hope you like it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0025.jpg (58.6 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by avblue; 05-18-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2009, 01:15 PM

Here's my try. I hope you enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slimfinal.jpg (95.2 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 PM

I thought I would try again to see if I could add my attempt at working with Natalie's picture. If it still does not work.... everyone will know what a dummy I am ), Thanks Mr. Baldy for you help. ) I did follow the instructions from the link in your 'help post'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0025N1.jpg (94.2 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2009, 10:24 PM

Hi NatalieRose,

You guys are a great looking couple! What double chin? Here's my take...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RTPcouple.jpg (94.0 KB, 49 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2009, 01:18 PM

Smile Re: Help me look thinner

Hi, I hope you like how it turned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slimify.jpg (94.0 KB, 64 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching