RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How is this post processing done..

Old 05-26-2009, 03:54 PM

How is this post processing done..

Hi - can someone give their opinion on how these images is done in photoshop. It is only the studio portraits done on white background full body and half body i mean . Please look at portfolio 3 at http://www.nateabbottphoto.com. Thanks in advance .
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-26-2009, 03:57 PM

Re: How is this post processing done..

well i like the other ones also - any idea?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-26-2009, 04:37 PM

Aha! I see a little bit of what I called "bleach bypass" on some images but perhaps I'm wrong. Why do I say I see some of it? Well, there is a lot of contrast and sharpening added to the image. I'm in now way an expert of any technique but I can say that in the image you are showing I see there is a bit of color contrast then the color has been removed to just leave the dark values on it. Medium values have been sharpen and left in front of the white values to make them clearer. Also, I don't know if the guy was added later on or masked out. His hair is not as clear or blending as it should be with the background. Again, I can only judge on what my eyes can see and what I think the process was done to it.

In some of the images the blacks are being processed a bit far just like I did in my first photo in my recent post.

Mastering Bleach Bypass

Check it out and you'll see.

Last edited by Donamai; 05-26-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 PM

Agreed with the sharpening and high contrast.. It's a style just as much as any other technique that is used over and over on your photos.. Looks like it's working for him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamai View Post
Aha! I see a little bit of what I called "bleach bypass" on some images but perhaps I'm wrong. Why do I say I see some of it? Well, there is a lot of contrast and sharpening added to the image. I'm in now way an expert of any technique but I can say that in the image you are showing I see there is a bit of color contrast then the color has been removed to just leave the dark values on it. Medium values have been sharpen and left in front of the white values to make them clearer. Also, I don't know if the guy was added later on or masked out. His hair is not as clear or blending as it should be with the background. Again, I can only judge on what my eyes can see and what I think the process was done to it.

In some of the images the blacks are being processed a bit far just like I did in my first photo in my recent post.

Mastering Bleach Bypass

Check it out and you'll see.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 07:14 AM

Exagerated Bleach Pass without half tones and horrible photos... I think duplicating the layer and setting it to overlay is all what you have to do to get that horrible look *nod*
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching