RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 AM

Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

I'm sorry.. I got a bit annoyed to be called racist so i went for more sarcasm- not nice - Glad u understood where i was coming from tho

I don't agree with any form of discrimination but I don't like ppl being "jumpy" about words... I can understand getting offended when it's used as an insult but not just because the word it's out there.

My clients ALL know me in a personal level so they always know I mean well even tho I can be a pain in the arse some times, they like me (so far )

Anyway...happy to see we can all get along fine in this nice forum.

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2009, 04:53 AM

I can't believe this!! What's with free? Are you willing to do the rest of your life on trials wishing, hoping somebody will pay you at some stage? To my knowledge, once they ask you to do a shoot for free for a big magazine that just does not have budget (of course they don't), you will never be paid. "Bt you did it for free for them? Why not for us?" How far is your name going to get you - will you pay for your kids education with your name? And for your parents pension? Or maybe you are not in a situation where you have to.

You have to work very hard to get anywhere. Take it or leave it - what is all these "sad" that the images are for sale? A person that has no connection, like kids in college will only be happy to see where Iconogenic starts and to what level she leads her images.

Iconogenic does not need to make a quick buck She is one of the top togs that make so much money that none of us, shooting fashion and covers for free, dream about.

There's vulnerability about exposing your unretouched images. At least she has some that are of such good quality that none of them have to be "rescued".
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 AM

--To my knowledge, once they ask you to do a shoot for free for a big magazine that just does not have budget (of course they don't), you will never be paid. "Bt you did it for free for them? Why not for us?"--

Well... there is the point. He's not starting his career, he doesn't need "to do" things for free at his level but benginners.

However, from another point of view, there are lot of great photographers with great cameras who do it for free and they just don't care nothing about levels, they just gift really big files and people can do whatever with them... It's just some people hold tigther than others, just that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2009, 02:52 PM

giving:

I don't give away my images for free. I am also a stock tog. Not brilliant, but enough to have sold my design company and work every other day. I never "opt in" for free images. Why? - Why should I? There are enough trolls that think that because I submit to sell for Western market - I am the enemy, so they download my images and distribute for free. They do the same with their own country parts - they call it a "war". Nobody cares that the togs raised themselves above circumstances to be able to make a living for their families.

But while I don't give my images for free, I have a specialized stock account that donates all its sales to charity. I invest in models, MUA and so on. My time and money.

What I am trying to say is that we don't have to give on the same level. And not giving images for free does not make us bad or good, it just makes us different.

I for one will not give my images of models to anyone retouch - my models are protected in the terms and conditions with a clause that will not allow anyone to see unretouched pics.

And Iconogenic does not need anyone to retouch for her - she is brilliant enough, just check her retouching port and her credits. (by default all images purchased on Istock need to be credited)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2009, 10:16 PM

I'll happily pay for a really high-quality image to practice on, so I'm really glad Iconogenic offered these.

I'm about to post my retouched version (with 'before' version next to it) on ModelMayhem, with credit; I just wanted to make sure that's ok...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-19-2009, 07:38 AM

I wish i can do photography as people wants, not as i want because i can't get models and i can't work with models in my area, so all what i will do in photography is just something i enjoy it, but then others will not waste time on what i do, if you really want high resolution photos then go and buy high resolution cameras like medium or large formats, i have 1DsIII as my largest 35mm digital and 39mp Hasselblad, so which one do you prefer?
Wish i live far away where i can find more people and models to work on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-19-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tareq View Post
I wish i can do photography as people wants, not as i want because i can't get models and i can't work with models in my area, so all what i will do in photography is just something i enjoy it, but then others will not waste time on what i do, if you really want high resolution photos then go and buy high resolution cameras like medium or large formats, i have 1DsIII as my largest 35mm digital and 39mp Hasselblad, so which one do you prefer?
Wish i live far away where i can find more people and models to work on.
I'm wodenring why you cannot get models, Tareq. What happens with your area? I saw you live in the desert, because some of your pics in deviantart, but just wondering...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3Studio View Post
I'm wodenring why you cannot get models, Tareq. What happens with your area? I saw you live in the desert, because some of your pics in deviantart, but just wondering...
Models are only in big cities which are Dubai and i think Abu Dhabi [the Capital] in my country, and all the models are hired by agencies or companies so i must pay to hire and i don't think they will allow me to use their photos maybe, and live little bit far from Dubai and much far from the Capital, so it means i will suffer alot and get nothing in opposite maybe, and i can't also bring models at home if i can find one, so in all cases it means i should have money for models [i need money anyway for something else] and i have to go far to get them and no guarantee i can have the rights to use their photos for personal use [not commercial], here in my country many try to have their own rules and laws, so if it is allowed to use models shots in USA or Europe in UAE agencies will tell us it is not allowed for us [UAE people] to use models photos neither for commercial not for personal, only someone who is foreigner is allowed due to some reasons [political and religious and culture reasons].
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 AM

I also find its slipped into a very unhealthy area. I think most would find some of this completely dodgy …

Quote:
Are you jewish or something similar?
Quote:
as far as I know, "niggers" are already blended with white people. Just look at Obama
!!!!

Quote:
For example, I asked for a cup of water to this family and they told me to go and drink from the tap which is outside the house.
It was probably Passover or something, or perhaps they are seriously worried who their daughter is going out with.

All this should have been edited out, or at the very least the poster should have been issued with a warning - unfortunately the moderator of this forum Doug has shown in the past a very suspicious tolerance for outright racism. And that obviously continues.

Quote:
I also said I was getting sexually aroused by the use of antisemitism (Not obvious enough?)
… don't get me started Godmother ;-)

Last edited by Markzebra; 09-13-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 PM

I must say I find parts of this thread, disturbing !
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching