RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Old 07-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconogenic View Post
THERE ARE COSTS INVOLVED IN THIS OFFER. You are free to take it or leave. Leaving it is not equal to verbally attack and insult the offerring party

Dear fellow retouchers,

As a photographer being hanging around retouchers, I regularly get requests from young colleagues, who are in need of professional beauty and fashion images for their portfolio. I admit, I used to have quite some attitude not willing to distribute my untouched work. The good thing is, we all grow up. I gave it some thought and decided to help beginning beauty / fashion / portrait retouchers to build a good showcase. I know how difficult it is to find good raw material for retouching.

You can now download 21 megapixel highest quality unretouched jpeg images here to practice and give your portfolio a good boost. My best models, awesome detail and enough “imperfections” to play with - I hope it will help you to create a professional looking presentation. Feel free to show “before and after”. The credit back to my istock portfolio is appreciated and required... and appreciated.

The lightbox has just been set up, and will be updated regularly (weekly or monthly), so come back to check more images anytime.

Let me know if you look for something specific, and I’ll try to upload it. Some older images will be only 12 megapixel, but the newly shot all 21.

Also, feel free to discuss anything related to building up a showcase in my topic! Glad to share if you have questions.

Regards,

iconogenic
Classical bait & switch m.o.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2009, 06:59 PM

Another who put free pics (!)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toan thai View Post
in order to get approval, you need to submit some photos.
OK, then i have to work hard to get 4 or more models photos somehow someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svald7 View Post
Yes, Tareq, you need to post at least 4 photos to register at MM. But, in order not to keep hijacking this thread with this off topic, send me a PM; I got some info on UAE models. I have done several shoots there in the past.
Ah cool, i will send you a PM later and hope we can go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3Studio View Post
I see... I was guessing that could be the problem, but wanting to know, you know how silly can be some people around here!

You have an amazing culture by the way, very exotic for all this side of the world, so you can bring really new things for us. I would really love seeing some of that. I'm wondering how you can get girls to work with without using agencies. Probably, posting some add in the Internet, or another similar place, may give you the possibility to get some models and it will cost less money and also, you will get more professional models than just street girls. I think you must try that. And why not using friends of your wife or maybe friends of your friends too. Don't know how's that in your culture, but I think that can be a good approach too

Have a good day, and hope you get what you need

Mart
Mayb you are right, but we are close to each other but maybe not to others, i mean due to our religion it is not allowed for mix [men and women] and women have to be covered always fro foreigners men, so even if i photograph my wife or sister or even mom naked it is impossible i can show them to others, and what i look for to show them covered then, no one can know if that covered woman is my mom or sister or even dad, but i was concern about beauty and fashion and that i can never have with arabic muslim woman, so then i have to find non muslim or even non arabic woman who can show her beauty or do fashion and glamor things, but i feel it is not easy for me to get closer to them even if i have to go to them but i need to make them to come to me closer then i can work perfectly.
I was with a closer friend in the past [French] who is working in fashion design, and he invited me to one fashion event in their school in Dubai, believe or not, all models were accept to be shoot by foreigners but not by me even with maximum polite request, one model accepted to do for me only after her boss permitted me to shoot her.

So what i found is that as long i show my arabic look and no one knows about me it will be impossible i can get others to pose for me, and the most important is where i can shoot them if i can't bring them to my house where my studio is and also i don't have packs to carry my lights out [later i will buy packs if it will help], but i will try with strobist way, so i try to keep looking around in the net but i don't know how to use that for my advantage to get contacts or clients, as i said before, when i am in western more open society is much easier for me to find people to shoot than my country, but i forgot that i should look at male models not necessary females.

Quote:
Yes you can. I have an account there. Just get 4 pictures of models, retouch them and put them there. There was a post here from a Photograher who put a link to download pictures of fashion, cannot remember the link, but it was quite new, so I think the seacrh engine will work fine for that
I have an account there as well but still not approved until i can upload 4 photos, and yes, i remember in this website there is a thread where i can get free photos to use them and i know where it is but is it allowed for me to use others photos even if i retouched myself and i use that in my account? I was hoping that i shoot modes myself.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM

Tareq, I'm going to send you a contact I have from Egipt. He probaly will know how to solve your problem
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Tareq, I'm going to send you a contact I have from Egipt. He probaly will know how to solve your problem
Thank you very much, i will contact him sooner or later :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2009, 04:44 AM

Question Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

What do you think about this, Godmother? http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?...61516#lectores and http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?...=6262#lectores

Last edited by Quantum3; 08-12-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching