RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Old 06-19-2009, 11:53 AM

Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Choose to make people look at it as you will, but taking advantage of people who "dont know where to find photos to retouch" is exactly what you are doing.

You are misleading them, and that is wrong.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Choose to make people look at it as you will, but taking advantage of people who "dont know where to find photos to retouch" is exactly what you are doing.

You are misleading them, and that is wrong.
Funny to hear this from you.

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs41/f/20...Nienna1990.jpg
Photographer's name and permission to do your "art" on his work?

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs34/f/20...Nienna1990.jpg
Photographer's name and permission to retouch and exhibit before and after?

©2008-2009 ~Nienna1990 <<< ------- I didn't think so. At least glad you don't sell prints! Some do.

No big desire to continue to discuss "taking advantage" side of things anymore.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM

Dont deffend yourself by attacking me. You will accomplish nothing by doing so.

good day.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 01:18 PM

Well,that's true that teenagers do whatever thing in DA without crediting. And that's annoying. I personally give the credit always. There are also many people in DA who allows printing as well.

I didn't want to put the link here, because this is your topic, but since you ask, here it's: http://katanaz-stock.deviantart.com/ these ones are taken with the big cameras. Very good stuff. Then, the rest can be browsed. There is a lot of high res files taken in studio and with good cameras. Not all of them by medium format, but MKIII and the like. I personally preffer RAW Files for editing, it allows much more fun and quality. There are also lot of photogtraphers and also models interested in provinding free images in ModelMayhem.com too.

About iStock photo, didn't know they own the exclusive right. That's uncool. I was thinking opening an account there, but now I know that, will not open nothing there and the prices they sell the pictures are too high and what they pay to the photographers is too low. iStock is the hell of over explotation.ç

By the way, don't take us wrong, is just quite unusual to read an offer like yours. Isay "we" because most people around here really is familiarized with other kind of offers.

I don't know what about Nienna, but she's right. You cannot defend your self by pointing the defects of others, or your speech lose credibility. Pointing to the others faults shows that you're trying to soft/light yours. However, I know wasn't your intention and I don't know how guilty could be Nienna as you say. Just a tip, since you like the art of speech, I also like it a lot It's like playing chess.

Have a good weekend,

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 02:37 PM

I use iStock all the time, for personal work and for professional work (if I need a hard-to-find large element or two).

It's really not that expensive, guys. The original poster never said the images were free anyway.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 03:06 PM

thanx for the link quantum.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 03:19 PM

Thumbs up Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Hi Nienna,

Would you like to tell me how to do those slick before/after swf? I thought it was too difficult to do.

By the way, great retouchsyou have in your DA Account
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 05:29 PM

Hey Quantum3Studio, thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 01:17 AM

Thank you for the input so far, for reasonable input that is. Interesting link. Like I already said, DA is a part of Internet I ignore, so I really didn't know there are stocks like that. I'm sure many people will find your link useful! And that's great.

Now, we have 3 retouchers:

1. Prefers free raw images, he obtains legally from photographers who share them out of their free will. Great, no problem with that. As long as both parties are happy for some reason.

2. Prefers stolen images laying all over the Internet, and of course when you steal, you often steal the best, i.e. the celebrity faces and top-model faces, trying to gain some cheap respect from other amateurs, while you actually never retouched them neither on assignment, nor even with a permission to distribute or alter the photograph. Big problem with that. But then again, as long as you get enough "wowies" in your profile...

3.This retoucher contacts a photographer he likes (overall style, models, technical quality, possibility for specific inquiries), and he wishes to obtain his images the only way the photographer is allowed to share: through his exclusive agent.

Now, who the h. are Nr 1 and Nr 2 to suddenly blame a photographer for satisfying the needs of Nr 3? Do what you like, guys, download wherever you can find to download, but please don't tell me I'm doing something wrong over here. It's not like I'm holding a gun to your head to go and buy something from me. People who like my stuff, from now on can get my stuff, that is all I wanted to say. I never meant to be spiteful, but truly, I wasn't the one who started...

Let's make every advertiser put a text underneath: "We don't want to take advantage of you, so please feel free to look around before you buy our stuff. Our competitors my have better and cheaper stuff". Duh, isn't it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 05:20 AM

Of course you are allowed to sell your photos. It's not about that. It's just the way you made your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconogenic View Post

You can now download 21 megapixel highest quality unretouched jpeg images here to practice and give your portfolio a good boost.
I don't see anywhere "you can now BUY 21 megapixel highest quality unretouched jpeg images. That's why retouchers reacted like this. It feels like you were trying to fool us but nobody is stupid here
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching