RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Old 06-20-2009, 01:09 PM

Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Toan, thank you for your support, my retouch idol! BillFrey, you're right again and thanks.

Peace.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconogenic View Post
The thing is, for some people it is exactly about selling part (post #6).

Anyway, I thought that link to istock would automatically assume they are not for free. But then again, from post #14 I can see that people don't know anything at all about iStock. Anything, at all.

Ok, my apologies. I certainly didn't think anyone here is stupid. I was hoping to see more input about my images, as well as other ways to get unedited images, and gladly, some of this input there was. I was not intending to fool anyone and try to get all your money out of your pockets before you know it. If attacking me made somebody's day, I'm glad. Sunny over here today too.
Got it. I misudenrstood this part. I'm sorry for thinking you called someone stupid. I was certainly quite sure you called someone stupid but you didn't. My apologizes for that.

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toan thai View Post
please explain. i don't recall her calling anyone "stupid"
It was my error. I misunderstood one of his comments, he never called stupid to some people. I accidentally mixed some stuff of the conversation...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 09:48 PM

There is no way we can get these works for free? Such beautiful work. This is sad.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 10:31 PM

I have to admit ( and i hate keeping threads like this going because their so negative) when i 1st read the OP i thought to myself this is great news, it is exactly what i need, free moderately good quality raw images to help me build my profile, and thus it wasn't true.

I don't know of anywhere even on Devian Art where i can get "RAW" format images to work with. The original post was misleading, i got excited and then depressed, i am a pensioner/student, i pay enough money for my hobby, i don't want to sell the retouched images, i just want some to work with, to improve my skill and improve my portfolio and so i end up aquiring images form Devian Art, Deviant Art is a beutifull place, well worth ignoring the negatives. It isn't an Istock, it isn't intended to be, thank god for that or we'd all be broke....
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmaan View Post
I have to admit ( and i hate keeping threads like this going because their so negative) when i 1st read the OP i thought to myself this is great news, it is exactly what i need, free moderately good quality raw images to help me build my profile, and thus it wasn't true.

I don't know of anywhere even on Devian Art where i can get "RAW" format images to work with. The original post was misleading, i got excited and then depressed, i am a pensioner/student, i pay enough money for my hobby, i don't want to sell the retouched images, i just want some to work with, to improve my skill and improve my portfolio and so i end up aquiring images form Devian Art, Deviant Art is a beutifull place, well worth ignoring the negatives. It isn't an Istock, it isn't intended to be, thank god for that or we'd all be broke....

I agree. Very misleading post. I was so excited.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 11:07 PM

I'm confused by so many of the negative comments. I agree, this original post didn't specify that the files were for sale, but after that was cleared up, why are so many still complaining?

Retouching/restoration/photography is a business. It's hard enough to make a decent living in this industry without having peers thinking that our work has no value and should be shared.

I don't like the cost of ink for my printer, but I purchase it. Same with many other art supplies. No one has ever offered me free ink.

Just trying to put some perspective to this thread. Until we value our own work, no one else will.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmaan View Post

Simply make an account in model mayhem. There are lot of people there needing some free retouchs. Also, you can find some young photographers in DA that take good pics and would be really interested in having a good retoucher for free too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Choose to make people look at it as you will, but taking advantage of people who "dont know where to find photos to retouch" is exactly what you are doing.

You are misleading them, and that is wrong.
I dont remember u having permission to post this one
http://nienna1990.deviantart.com/art...uch-4-99962245

I have asked Charlotte if she did... but I remember gone through this before so... if u don't have her permission please, take it down.

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2009, 11:54 AM

I would like to know how Nienna does those swf things...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching