RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Old 06-26-2009, 09:22 AM

Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

iconogenic,

it's a bit disingenuous to place a post "offering" untouched images when you know that you're going to get paid for it, no?

And then to add insult to injury we have to send credit back to your istockphoto account even after we paid?

You're disgusting.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
iconogenic,

it's a bit disingenuous to place a post "offering" untouched images when you know that you're going to get paid for it, no?

And then to add insult to injury we have to send credit back to your istockphoto account even after we paid?

You're disgusting.
He comited just a little mistake... There are worst things in the world, and not intended to be mistakes, like murders, rapes, war, hunger, etc...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
iconogenic,

You're disgusting.
What's disgusting is some of you all keep getting on his/her case about this. I saw the post before anyone commented, thought it would be cool to work on some images like that, clicked the link, saw it was pay, and closed it thinking "oh well". He didn't offer them for free, so what's the problem. Close the istock link and forget it, no need to bash somebody over a simple misunderstanding. Just my .02
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2009, 04:31 PM

I got upset by this post too, as shown in my earlier comment, but I think this has gone far enough really.

There is no real reason to gang up on him like that.

iconogenic,

I would love if you could accept my apology.

Last edited by Nienna; 06-27-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSoulglo View Post
He also didn't say

"DOWNLOAD THESE AMAZING RAW FILES FOR FREE"

I looked at it, thinking "ooh this could be nice" saw it was jpegs I had to pay for and wasn't interested in buying them. That was it.

I am slightly surprised that there's such a bit deal about this. Someone's taken some pics and wants to distribute them in a way that's beneficial to both parties. He (or she) gets a bit of money, you get a relatively high quality file. How awful is that?

I'm really confused at this debate. Not everything is free sadly. Buying the creative suite costs a lot of money. A model costs money, equipment costs money, makeup artists cost money. Everything costs money, so someone charging a nominal fee for his images, and giving you complete freedom to mess with those images, is REALLY not that big a deal.

If you don't like what he's selling don't buy it. If you don't like the way in which he's selling stuff, don't buy it. Stop whining and carry on.

Also: if the copyright police ever came round.... well.... I'm pretty sure there's a lot of celebs/models/photographers that would be quite interested in what most people are doing here. This purchase from iStock would be safe in that way, so there is an upside to this
True, but neither did he say that there was a cost involved. Which, personally, I think should have been stated. Everyone knows iStock exists and that images can be downloaded for a cost - lots of free sites out there that only require a link back to the owner as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 09:33 AM

I think Icogenic should edit his first message in order to prevent this post growing and growing, plus, dissapointing to new people, who will post more and more frustations/dissapointments here... It's not correct leaving this post just like that, it must be fixed for the sake of respect.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 09:51 AM

Guys, I don't need apologies. But I do want you to stop wasting your time and nerve cells and putting dirt on my good name. My parents taught me that every work should be paid, in one way or the other. In YOUR culture, I can imagine, everything is laying around for free: celebrities, music, movies, images, retouchers, tutorials, everything. In MY culture, "offer" means "offer", not charity. I use different channels for my charity activities.

I posted the offer in a wrong part of a forum and probably wasted your time reading it, sorry for that. Moderators didn't do jack to move the topic to a commercial forum part. Viva the forum etiquette!

Now, why I came back: before logging in, I saw ad banners near my posts, linking to various stock agencies... Huh? Officially putting dirt on my brand AND making money with that? I mean, Retouchpro, come on now really...

Quote:
I feel like talking to an alien, but yeah, my offer was not free (auch), and yeah, ten dollars per image pretty much covers the case of copyright credit line courtesy in my system of coordinates.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3Studio View Post
I think Icogenic should edit his first message in order to prevent this post growing and growing, plus, dissapointing to new people, who will post more and more frustations/dissapointments here... It's not correct leaving this post just like that, it must be fixed for the sake of respect.
It is Iconogenic.

I am not editing my own words. If money is "what we don't speak of" on RetouchPRO, I'll leave all to moderators. I'll also see how I can unsubscribe from those "paid" broadcasts advertising in my email. Oh well, apparently it's not such a free world after all...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconogenic View Post
It is Iconogenic.

I am not editing my own words. If money is "what we don't speak of" on RetouchPRO, I'll leave all to moderators. I'll also see how I can unsubscribe from those "paid" broadcasts advertising in my email. Oh well, apparently it's not such a free world after all...
I mean, each time someone writes in this post is making it be in the very top list of most readed/commented posts, so people will keep reading this post and will keep being dissapointed because your first message and will keep dirtying your name because all the posts here and this will keep growing and growing unless you edit your first message as it shpuld be propper in order to avoid people writing here, dirtying your name and making this post even bigger.

By the way, if your family/culture taghut you every work must be paid then, are you paying the retuchers that pay you for your photos? Without offend, are you jewish or something similar? I mean, Photographers pay to retouchers, not retouchers to photographers... Please, enlight that part because it sounds pretty odd.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 10:13 AM

One of the meanings of the word "Offer", by the way.

offer |ˈôfər; ˈäfər|
verb [with two objs. ]
present or proffer (something) for (someone) to accept or reject as so desired : may I offer you a drink?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching