RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Old 06-28-2009, 01:13 AM

Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkravchenko View Post
Icongenic,

You made one assumption and judgement earlier. You're assumption and excuse for not posting on Deviant Art is that your work on there will be viewed and "stolen" by kids doing God knows what. Well....

a) How can it be stolen if you put it up there for the taking?
b) If I pay and put a before and after on my port, you're not going to get any credit anyway, that's not how my ( or many others) website is set up. The focus on my site is not who took the picture, but my retouching
c) What makes you think that the "retouchers" here are better than the "kids" on there? I would think its the same people, I have logins to many websites, some of which you, would seem, to judge as amateur and unworthy of your work.

Kravchenko,

a) I don't put it there, I'm not allowed to because DA requires royalty-free rights, and all RF rights to my images are with another agency.
b) Your website(s) is setup wrong. Crediting a photographer / painter / composer name does not depend on how much you paid, well, unless you paid A LOT. It depends strictly on the agreement between the user and the copyright holder.
c) not sure what you mean by "better". If one ignores the copyrights and the mind (photographer, makeup artist, model, art-director etc) behind the image, he is certainly not good and not worthy doing business with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkravchenko View Post
PS, if you really want to help people, don't underestimate our skills by giving us a jpeg. Professional and jpeg, in one sentence? I don't think so.
Skills? I'll tell you about skills, I'm gonna tell you a secret: if your ambition is to become a retoucher, you'll have to deal with all kinds of material: RAWs, huge RAWs, JPEGs, tiny grainy compressed JPEGs, film scans and even paper scans. Someday you'll get someone's sister snapshot 400x600px, and a CK ad next to it, and a request without a blink of an eye to make "this one look like that one". This is the day you have to think about yours and client's dignity, and say "no" to a job. If you are nagging about HiRes jpegs instead RAW being offered, you haven't been in the industry for too long. You don't know how many celebrity jpegs I received in my practice, so don't put "professional" next to a file format, just a tip
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 01:45 AM

Hey Kravchenko, I just looked at your site, and wanted to say compliments to your work. At least talking to you is talking to someone with a decent background in both areas. This is why I'm so surprised how you, a photographer, don't credit other talents, and how you, a retoucher, believe RAW is the only format to work on. Yes, it is the best format, true. The practice, however, is different with every job.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3Studio View Post
My apologizes for this, I'm sorry for offending you, you know it wasn't my intention.
Clarifying: I am not offended to be called a national stereotype. My blood and education is too diverse for that if you wish. I am utterly surprised by the narrow-minded direction this conversation took place. If you put terrorism and earning money on the same shelf and calling it a stereotype... well, I don't know.. I guess I pity your girlfriend.. I don't know...

I am not ashamed of promoting my business, of earning my bread and my child's college, demanding my name under my artworks, however frustrating, shocking and even disgusting it may seem to you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 08:07 AM

I never said RAW is the ONLY format to work on, I think it is the only professional format worth working on (if you are planning to do professional level retouching as I see it to be).

I can't believe I got sucked into this thread in the first place. Sometimes you just can't help yourself, I suspect that's why everyone posted something here, LOL.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconogenic View Post
Clarifying: I am not offended to be called a national stereotype. My blood and education is too diverse for that if you wish. I am utterly surprised by the narrow-minded direction this conversation took place. If you put terrorism and earning money on the same shelf and calling it a stereotype... well, I don't know.. I guess I pity your girlfriend.. I don't know...

I am not ashamed of promoting my business, of earning my bread and my child's college, demanding my name under my artworks, however frustrating, shocking and even disgusting it may seem to you.
I wrote that for Nienna.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 09:40 AM

True... File Formats doesn't means nothing about professionalism. My personal experience says we start for the hard part, which is editing bad taken jpeg photographs and making them looking as good as possible, and as far as we get into the business we get RAW but because the client shoots in RAW. I directly ask to my clients for RAW Files because the editing will be much, much better and easier than JPEGs. Now, for technical matters, if some client wants grayscale pictures the pics must be sent in RAW. It's impossible to create a good, smooth gray scale image from a jpeg because the lack in tonal values. At the end, most of the editing is in PS, and PS doesn't edit RAW Files. However, getting a fine 16 bpc file allows much drastic changes in the picture. In other words, if you want excelent results, you should think sending RAW files, other than that, jpegs are fine.

(Now this post get interesting!).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 AM

this is fun! Antisemitism and Raw talk! I'm getting aroused! What about niggers and poor ppl don't forget about them!

I'm from Argentina, maybe I don't understand because it's a third world country?

Anyway ... Have fun ppl and let this one go.

Even tho it's a lot of fun to read every day.

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 10:25 AM

Is there no moderation here?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 01:54 PM

There are moderators, but not a need right now. Nobody is insulting people more than some people who caled "thief" to Iconogenic, all the conversation is fine so far. It has highs and downs, such life or reality.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 02:01 PM

Godmother, as far as I know, "niggers" are already blended with white people. Just look at Obama (then the films, videogames). They're accepted and they accept white pople from many years ago. I don't think black and white people hates each other anymore than for a couple of retards, who still live in the past, but all is fine by now
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching