RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Old 06-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Patron

Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconogenic View Post
THERE ARE COSTS INVOLVED IN THIS OFFER. You are free to take it or leave. Leaving it is not equal to verbally attack and insult the offerring party

Dear fellow retouchers,

As a photographer being hanging around retouchers, I regularly get requests from young colleagues, who are in need of professional beauty and fashion images for their portfolio. I admit, I used to have quite some attitude not willing to distribute my untouched work. The good thing is, we all grow up. I gave it some thought and decided to help beginning beauty / fashion / portrait retouchers to build a good showcase. I know how difficult it is to find good raw material for retouching.

You can now download 21 megapixel highest quality unretouched jpeg images here to practice and give your portfolio a good boost. My best models, awesome detail and enough “imperfections” to play with - I hope it will help you to create a professional looking presentation. Feel free to show “before and after”. The credit back to my istock portfolio is appreciated and required... and appreciated.

The lightbox has just been set up, and will be updated regularly (weekly or monthly), so come back to check more images anytime.

Let me know if you look for something specific, and I’ll try to upload it. Some older images will be only 12 megapixel, but the newly shot all 21.

Also, feel free to discuss anything related to building up a showcase in my topic! Glad to share if you have questions.

Regards,

iconogenic
Enough with all the yackity yack!
The OP has fixed the original problems raised....
Time to be nice!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
this is fun! Antisemitism and Raw talk! I'm getting aroused! What about niggers and poor ppl don't forget about them!

I'm from Argentina, maybe I don't understand because it's a third world country?

Anyway ... Have fun ppl and let this one go.

Even tho it's a lot of fun to read every day.

xx

Niggers? What is going on with all the ignorance in this thread. I am black and I don't even know what to say. I guess I wont be on the board to much more. I do not do well with racist idiots. I did not know what kind of people I was dealing with.

Last edited by Insensitive.; 06-28-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive. View Post
Niggers? What is going on with all the ignorance in this thread. I am black and I don't even know what to say. I guess I wont be on the board to much more. I do not do well with racist idiots. I did not know what kind of people I was dealing with.
L2 humor
x
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Hi Insensitive, I'm Mart, from Argentina.

I have chatted with a guy from NY few months ago, he sent me some pics to retouch about a black couple. Since I usually talk with my clients, I ask things, you know. I'm always interested about people from other countries so I enjoy talking with my clients so, I asked to this client what about black people, I asked him what about the word "nigger", how black people take it and he told me they take as an insult. However, I told him that, in the movies, black people call "nigger" each other like something cool. He didn't know what to respond to that. He told me it's taken like an insult, but as something cool too, so well... Didn't got it at the end... Now I have a client who's black. I just realized of his color when he wanted me to retouch a portrait of him. I was surprised since black people is not common here, quite exotic and exiting so, I asked him how black people is called in the US, I called him Africaan Descendant, just in case not to sound bad, but he told me that black is okay, also bro. So I call him bro or black, depending on the mood.

Maybe Godmother is influenced by movies, and she thinks that "nigga" is okay... Well, now she know it'sn't okay. She's also from Argentina and she may has never had a conversation with Africaans Descendant or black people. Forgive her if possible. These kind of misunderstood may happen, and we must be mature to control and take out all the anger from our keyboards before writting, so the write will be productive instead destructive, at least, that's the way I think You know, humans tend to make war instead peace, react instead think. God gave us a brain and a languaje, we must use it to comprehend us each other and be friendly, even when misunderstoods happens

Have a good day, Insensitive

Mart

PS: btw, even if people don't think, even if they keep the same behavior, omiting or whatever, just keep the brain on the top of emotions. Humans also tend to ride the others angry instead leting it go and being good heart, you know. Keep the good heart

Last edited by Quantum3Studio; 06-28-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2009, 12:11 AM

"GodMother"

There is nothing humorous about calling people Niggers. Being that Quantum is such a good person and has explained to me that I need to not get angry at your ignorance, I find that this is something I need to teach you. If your clients heard you speak the way you do, you would no longer have any. It is not cute, funny, or smart to go around using words you clearly do not know the meaning of. Be careful, that word brings up a lot of pain to some. Just going by what you see on TV can cause you a lot of issues.

Did I do good Quantum?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 AM

Quote:
"GodMother"

There is nothing humorous about calling people Niggers. Being that Quantum is such a good person and has explained to me that I need to not get angry at your ignorance, I find that this is something I need to teach you. If your clients heard you speak the way you do, you would no longer have any. It is not cute, funny, or smart to go around using words you clearly do not know the meaning of. Be careful, that word brings up a lot of pain to some. Just going by what you see on TV can cause you a lot of issues.

Did I do good Quantum?
Well... "Ignorancy" and "teach" can be taken wrong by her, but, if that's the way you say it, and it's from your heart, always will be the good thing. Usually, we humans don't want to be taught, nor we never accept our ignorance you know, pride and arrogance are like the very most things that humans use to use, and the corner stone of human disgrace. We always must be prepared to learn from others, not only becaus superiority, also because each person has different experience wich can be useful for others.

I'm glad you've a good and open heart, bro. Since I'm here, I've never seen a heart like yours

Have a good day, or night! I'm going to head the bed =D
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2009, 05:17 AM

So..... yeah.... retouching and stuff.

Can we close this thread already?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
"GodMother"

Did I do good Quantum?

No,no, no...Quantum was not right about me being mistaken.

I USED that word INTENTIONALLY to be funny, but using "sarcasm" as a form of humor... mainly because I thought the thread was going to hell when ppl started "guessing" other ppl religion based on the way they think about money ¬¬
I also said I was getting sexually aroused by the use of antisemitism (Not obvious enough?)
AND I called my country third world country and everyone in it (including me) ignorant!!!!.... come on!!!! if THAT part of my post didn't gave up the fact that i was not being serious then I REALLY don't know what I have to do to make it clear to PPL LIKE U...and when I say ppl like u I don't mean BLACK (So hold on to your panties bro), just intolerant ppl who read what they want and decide to get offended and preachy bout something that was not meant to be harmful in the first place.

Internet... u read what u chose to read and u react the way u chose to react.

My advice: learn to know the difference between those who want to harm u and those who don't, other wise u're just fighting everyone.

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2009, 12:24 PM

Lmao, I love how you are calling me bro because of the black guy who Quantum spoke of enjoyed being called it. For one, I am a woman. Not a "Brother". I am sorry that what you said is offensive, it is truly not my fault. I understand that you thought it came out in a sarcastic, funny, way, but it did not. I have no ill feeling towards you as I now understand what you meant, but as I said, be careful. You do not have to worry about me taking your jokes the wrong way because I am not a client. Just hope that they would not be as offended as I am. I have always enjoyed your work, which is partly why I reacted the way I did to see a favorite up and coming retoucher using such language. I actually have defended you on a few occasions when people gave non-constructive comments about your work, so it was quite a shocker to see the comments you made although I know now they were not mean hearted.

Thankyou for the advice. Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:00 PM

I'm so glad reading these comments
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching