RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

Old 06-18-2009, 03:50 AM

HiRes Beauty available for retouching

THERE ARE COSTS INVOLVED IN THIS OFFER. You are free to take it or leave. Leaving it is not equal to verbally attack and insult the offerring party

Dear fellow retouchers,

As a photographer being hanging around retouchers, I regularly get requests from young colleagues, who are in need of professional beauty and fashion images for their portfolio. I admit, I used to have quite some attitude not willing to distribute my untouched work. The good thing is, we all grow up. I gave it some thought and decided to help beginning beauty / fashion / portrait retouchers to build a good showcase. I know how difficult it is to find good raw material for retouching.

You can now download 21 megapixel highest quality unretouched jpeg images here to practice and give your portfolio a good boost. My best models, awesome detail and enough “imperfections” to play with - I hope it will help you to create a professional looking presentation. Feel free to show “before and after”. The credit back to my istock portfolio is appreciated and required... and appreciated.

The lightbox has just been set up, and will be updated regularly (weekly or monthly), so come back to check more images anytime.

Let me know if you look for something specific, and I’ll try to upload it. Some older images will be only 12 megapixel, but the newly shot all 21.

Also, feel free to discuss anything related to building up a showcase in my topic! Glad to share if you have questions.

Regards,

iconogenic

Last edited by Iconogenic; 06-27-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 12:16 AM

Re: HiRes Beauty available for retouching

iStock is a paid thing, isn't it? To download the files I have to paid, as far as I know...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 12:46 AM

looks that way to me as well
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 12:54 AM

yup, will need to purchase them to download the photo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 03:22 AM

Yes, true, the thing is, I can't distribute my work outside iStock. These images simply become a part of my stock archive. I do realize this will be a less acceptable deal for some people, because you have to purchase an image. However, the microstock was meant for satisfying people with smaller budgets - students, freelancers etc. I hope some retouchers will find it a useful deal. The images are huge, and the professional aspect is high from all parties involved in creating them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 05:54 AM

your asking us to pay for somthing we can get by retouching voluntarily.

good luck.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:37 AM

Not asking for anything, just notifying about. I'm aware about many other possibilities to get unretouched images. Like I said, I had enough requests to upload my raws to istock, and I've received a number of emails already thanking me for that I'm doing it now. Not your cup of tea - no need to generalize your opinion onto others. "Me" is not always "we"

Last edited by Iconogenic; 06-19-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 10:59 AM

Nienna is right. You are asking this to all the retouchers, and all the retouchers can choose paying or getting free photos. Indeed, we can get lot of free photos to work.

My problem with iStock is that I have not money to expend on that website, and for the other side, there are a lots of big images, taken with a Hasselblad H3D and a Phase One, very professional ones, indeed, to retouch, and they're free of any chargue. Without going so far, tehre are lots of free and excellent pictures to retouch as well, and lot of photographers that gives images to retouch and RAW Files.

I find your offer a bit unfair. People retouch your images and also have to paid for that? You say you're not allowed to offer your images outside iStock, I haven't read they own the exclusive rights for the photos. Would be better if you upload them to DeviantArt.com, they don't own the exclusivity of the pictures you upload.

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 11:15 AM

Because of exclusive contract with my stock agent, I cant upload anything to Deviant Art or anywhere else on terms that allow anyone to download an image.

Would be better if you upload them to DeviantArt.com, they don't own the exclusivity of the pictures you upload.

I don't like DeviantArt. The amount of stolen work without crediting original owners over there is amazing. Teenagers "doing things" to my photographs and exhibiting them under their own name as "artists" over there - this is not what I like to work for, really. Offtopic, but I thought I'd mention it about DA.

there are a lots of big images, taken with a Hasselblad H3D and a Phase One, very professional ones, indeed, to retouch, and they're free of any chargue.

Teriffic! Very good that DA has a lot to offer in great quality. Apparently, everyone has his own experience with finding images! I'm glad to hear stuff is available around. Of course, not many people know where to look.

I certainly do not need people to retouch my images, God no, I don't demand at all they send me the results! Also, not really trying to double my fortune with this, because to be honest, this part of my stock is really small.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3Studio View Post
You are asking this to all the retouchers, and all the retouchers can choose paying or getting free photos. Indeed, we can get lot of free photos to work.
I get it Choose getting free, by all means. Choice - is a beautiful thing isn't it
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching