RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Help Pleeease with family picture and closed eyes!

Old 06-28-2009, 10:56 AM

Help Pleeease with family picture and closed eyes!

Hello all, I just returned from our first family reunion where we took our family photo. The bad news is there was one relative who didn't open his eyes in any of the pictures and others where the kids are moving ect ect. I know we have some experts on here and these pictures would mean the world to my elderly parents. I would greatly appreciate any fixes, eyes, smiles ect that can be done. I'm on the hook with 25 people!! Thanks so much!!

ps When I took the picture it was 750kb. In oder to upload I tried to change that to 97kb. Now I noticed the forum pic is blurry. Not sure if that is correct for help with fixing as I am a complete novice. I can email the pic too, johncdbass@aol.com, thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg family.JPG (9.8 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by johncdbass; 06-28-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: picture info
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 12:17 PM

Re: Help Pleeease with family picture and closed e

Sorry, but the posted image is way too small (in pixels). Your original was shot at a fairly low setting (1600 x 1200 px), so down sizing it took out any and all details.

Post the full size picture at Pixentral (www.pixentral.com), copy the URL and post that back here.

Juergen
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 01:05 PM

Yeah if the picture looks like that then eyes are your last concern.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 01:36 PM

The picture is actually fine. I had to chabge it(probably incorrectly) so I could upload it on the forum. I would email it to anyone in it's origional condition if someone gave me their email address. Thanks !
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Yeah it made it very bad quality.
I'll pm you my address and I'll take a look at it. If anything I will post it up for everyone else as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncdbass View Post
Hello all, I just returned from our first family reunion where we took our family photo. The bad news is there was one relative who didn't open his eyes in any of the pictures and others where the kids are moving ect ect. I know we have some experts on here and these pictures would mean the world to my elderly parents. I would greatly appreciate any fixes, eyes, smiles ect that can be done. I'm on the hook with 25 people!! Thanks so much!!

ps When I took the picture it was 750kb. In oder to upload I tried to change that to 97kb. Now I noticed the forum pic is blurry. Not sure if that is correct for help with fixing as I am a complete novice. I can email the pic too, johncdbass@aol.com, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncdbass View Post
The picture is actually fine. I had to chabge it(probably incorrectly) so I could upload it on the forum. I would email it to anyone in it's origional condition if someone gave me their email address. Thanks !
Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.

This is from the FAQs: Will you do my restoration/retouch/repair for me?
No. This is a site for learning, and we will gladly help you learn to do it yourself. We have a "Image Help" forum just for that purpose. Click on "Forums" on the navbar to get there. There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo.

If you want help in learning to fix your picture the question is, what retouching software are you using?

If you have Photoshop, use the save for web function as described here to reduce your picture to just below 100K:
Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

To post much larger or original size pictures there are other hosts you can use: ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) photobucket.com (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image. You can also use these Free sites: (YouSendIt.com); (Podmailing.com);(Pando.com); (Sendspace.com) to send your original to your own email address, then open that email message, copy the link, and post that link here.

Always attach a good, under 100K version into the thread so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links.

Also if there are more pictures that some pieces could be moved to the original and used, as in open eyes , child heads that did not move, a better smile etc... it would be helpful to include full sized copies of those pictures also .. so they could be used to fix the main picture.

Hope this helps in your quest to satisfy all those family members
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 03:20 PM

http://cache.pando.com/soapservices/...C6EE55CE808C3B

Thanks here is what I believe is the correct attachment. Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Also try www.photobucket.com . You can host pictures there for free after you've registered a username and they will hold up to a 1mb file IIRC for the free account.

Also www.tinypic.com doesn't require a register and will host pics for you.

(btw I am still going to look at that pic later though, at work at the moment...guess I better go do some, work that is. )
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 05:34 PM

Is there anything wrong with my original suggestion (Pixentral)? I don't want to download Pando or anything else to view an image.

Juergen
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 05:42 PM

Sorry didn't know it was that easy. Here it is.

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pi...Ueav5SDNkPqfD0
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching